Name this denomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

Puritan Board Junior
Part of my job is to review drawings, to decide if we should bid a project or not.

This struck me as strange:

seb-albums-temp-picture567-untitled.jpg

What 'denomination' is this?

Hint: They do not have another baptismal font in the Sanctuary / Chapel.

Edit: Direct link to Picture

Is that Mormon?

That's it! :applause:

Technically it's: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

They can't do their Proxy Baptisms for the Dead in this font because it's not in one of their Temples, nor supported by 12 oxen.

It seems strange that they would baptize in a little classroom instead in the big Chapel, but then again, a lot of things strike me as strange concerning the Mormons. :lol:

Know what's funny. I looked at the plans and kept thinking, 'Surely this is an inset and there are sanctuary walls that are missing from the clip. Either that our the architect is a doof.' I just never imagined that the baptistry was tucked away like that. I assumed that the CMU walls weren't exterior. Sometimes I see that.

No.

Do the AoG and Church of Christ have a setup like this?

Neither the AoG nor the Church of Christ have a baptismal font. They have baptistries (dunking tanks).

It's also strange that this 'font' is a walk-in with stairs, but the water level is only 3 feet deep. Kind of a cross between a font and a dunking tank.

I can't figure out how they do it. They don't dunk - it's too shallow for that, I wouldn't think that they pour - seems like a lot of wasted water and tile for pouring. :scratch:

It's a weird building for a "church", they're even got one room dedicated to nothing but their "Relief Society"

No.

Neither the AoG nor the Church of Christ have a baptismal font. They have baptistries (dunking tanks).

It's also strange that this 'font' is a walk-in with stairs, but the water level is only 3 feet deep. Kind of a cross between a font and a dunking tank.

I can't figure out how they do it. They don't dunk - it's too shallow for that, I wouldn't think that they pour - seems like a lot of wasted water and tile for pouring. :scratch:

Its probably some strange ritual derived from Masonic ritual combined with Zoroastrianism, Romanic Gypsy, and Aztec oddities. Are there any custom tiles with Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphs to be included in the surround?

No.

It's a weird building for a "church", they're even got one room dedicated to nothing but their "Relief Society"

maybe they stand in the pool and splash each other? :lol:

Its probably some strange ritual derived from Masonic ritual combined with Zoroastrianism, Romanic Gypsy, and Aztec oddities. Are there any custom tiles with Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphs to be included in the surround?

Unfortunately I don't have the interior design specifics. Usually I get those, but not with this job, strange....

Here's a section at the "font":

seb-albums-temp-picture568-untitled2.jpg

http://www.puritanboard.com/members/seb-albums-temp-picture568-untitled2.jpg

-----Added 5/18/2009 at 04:24:23 EST-----

maybe they stand in the pool and splash each other? :lol:

:lol:

Well, you can immerse in three feet of water. I've done it. I prefer deeper water. It is easier on the back.

That linked picture is shallow. And, although it doesn't show the room. It sure doesn't appear to be in a very sanctuary like space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back