NASA turns to religious scholars to prepare humanity for alien contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah, I'm fine with disagreement. That's normal and I don't mind it. It's just when people try to make you feel inferior and ridiculous for a belief, that's where it get's tough. Maybe that's a good way for me to grow in humility...
Has anyone here actually done that?

Back to the point: while it is hypothetically possible God could have created other alien races, that doesn't explain away the insurmountable scientific reasons why there almost certainly aren't. Nor does it address the fact that many UFO encounters sound identical to demonic manifestations.

Last edited:
Has anyone here actually done that?

Back to the point: while it is hypothetically possible God could have created other alien races, that doesn't explain away the insurmountable scientific reasons why there almost certainly aren't. Nor does it address the fact that many UFO encounters sound identical to demonic manifestations.

Good points. Even Christian’s seem more likely to believe in extra-biblical sci-fi narratives than they would believe in continuing demon activity and angelic activity. I think this is just another proof of how unhealthy doses of entertainment (pointing at myself) can numb us to the realities of scripture.

Good points. Even Christian’s seem more likely to believe in extra-biblical sci-fi narratives than they would believe in continuing demon activity and angelic activity. I think this is just another proof of how unhealthy doses of entertainment (pointing at myself) can numb us to the realities of scripture.
Agree with this. In my corner of life, many are eager to believe in aliens, but mention angels and demons and they look at you like you are a fool.

Agree with this. In my corner of life, many are eager to believe in aliens, but mention angels and demons and they look at you like you are a fool.
Yep, these are my own fallacious tendencies as well. Which is probably due to more hours spent watching the Alien Anthology than doing in-depth studies of Angels and Demons.

I agree. And X-Files is one of the top five greatest shows of all time. I certainly understand the appeal of sci fi

I agree. And X-Files is one of the top five greatest shows of all time. I certainly understand the appeal of sci fi
X-Files was good indeed. I think they would have done e even better to end it a couple seasons after the movie. My wife and I have enjoyed Smallville and I've wondered if a lot of the X-Files makers ended up there.

That's what everyone says before the Antichrist shows up dressed as an alien and enslaves the whole human population!
I remember the episode where those same aliens said that they are over 6000 years old and were there when they saw God create the earth. But then they did the sign of the cross :\

That's what everyone says before the Antichrist shows up dressed as an alien and enslaves the whole human population!

If you read Revelation it sure does sound like an Alein invasion. For those experiencing it, it would probably feel like it too.

If you read Revelation it sure does sound like an Alein invasion. For those experiencing it, it would probably feel like it too.

Not to mention Ezekiel..

"As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four." - Ezekiel 1:18 (KJV)

Well, nevermind - there I go mentioning Ezekiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back