Natural Law Reading List Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Ellen Nagle

Puritan Board Senior
I am working on a list of resources for studying Natural Law. I would appreciate recommendations. :book2:

So far I have these in mind:

Rediscovering the Natural Law in Reformed Theological Ethics_Grabill

Nature as Reason: A Thomistic Theory of the Natural Law_Porter

A Biblical Case or Natural Law_VanDrunen

Here is a list of articles/chapters on NL from Dr. VanDrunen (excluding his book, which you mentioned above):

“The Context of Natural Law: John Calvin’s Doctrine of the Two Kingdoms,” Journal of Church and State 46 (Summer 2004): 503–525.

“The Two Kingdoms: A Reassessment of the Transformationist Calvin,” Calvin Theological Journal 40 (2005): 248–266.

“Natural Law in Early Calvinist Resistance Theory” Journal of Law and Religion 21:1 (2005-06): 143–167.

“Medieval Natural Law and the Reformation: A Comparison of Aquinas and Calvin,” American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 80:1 (2006): 77–98.

“The Importance of the Penultimate: Reformed Social Thought and the Contemporary Critiques of the Liberal Society," Journal of Markets and Morality 9:2 (Fall 2006): 219–249.

“The Two Kingdoms Doctrine and the Relationship of Church and State in the Early Reformed Tradition,” Journal of Church and State 49:4 (Autumn 2007): 743–763.

“Abraham Kuyper and the Reformed Natural Law and Two Kingdoms Traditions” Calvin Theological Journal 42 (2007): 283–307.

“The Role of Natural Law in the Westminster Confession and Early Reformed Orthodoxy,” in The Westminster Confession into the 21st Century, vol.3, ed. J. Ligon Duncan (Mentor, 2009).

Written on the Heart, Budziskewski
First Things, Arkes

Both are currently sitting on my shelf collecting dust waiting to be put on my reading queue. :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back