Natural Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Princeton already shown us the end of such thinking and the development of liberal Protestantism's heretical social gospel?

Hasn't Princeton already shown us the end of such thinking and the development of liberal Protestantism's heretical social gospel?

By the same logic (i.e. if Princeton's turn to liberalism can be attributed to the natural law doctrine of its confessional days), wouldn't the Billy Sunday-style pietism and the liberalism that developed in America's Presbyterian churches likewise have shown us "the end of such thinking" with respect to basic Reformed confessionalism?

Yes, I've read the book review and response, just wondered if anyone had actually read the book. ;)

By the same logic (i.e. if Princeton's turn to liberalism can be attributed to the natural law doctrine of its confessional days), wouldn't the Billy Sunday-style pietism and the liberalism that developed in America's Presbyterian churches likewise have shown us "the end of such thinking" with respect to basic Reformed confessionalism?

I'm not following. Could you explain more?

Would it be fair to say that natural law only "works" in societies that essentially presuppose a Christian ethic even though it may not be officially "Christian"?

It appears that many in the PCA are bent on rehearsing those errors with what amounts to a social gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back