Natural Revelation and Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Joseph

Puritan Board Senior
Isn’t it accurate to say that homosexuality conflicts with God’s natural revelation (of His creation as revealed to mankind)? And that is a primary reason man has an innate sense that it is unnatural and abominable?

I thought of this in lieu of these two blog posts by R.Scott Clark:

I’m assuming men and women who harbor such desires will argue that a lack of social acceptance or the generally relative infrequency of such proclivity is not evidence this inclination is unnatural, unacceptable, and/or worthy of condemnation, and more importantly, forsaking and mortification.

I also think the implications of accepting SSA is not only an affront to God’s natural revelation and perfect design but also sound theology and the heinousness of sin. Not to break the bruised reed or forgo support to the conscious struggle, but to deny the power of justification and sanctification and that all good things are found in Jesus Christ, the savior and deliverer (from all evil and perversion). He delivers us from ourselves.

Last edited:
There are innumerable evidences that homosexuality is unnatural, from the diseases it spreads to the misery of its practitioners to the utter filthiness of the act itself to the childlessness, sterility, and absolute vanity of the whole affair.

So, it would appear, that GJ has low view of God. If God reveals Himself in design and creation, not only should a non-believer refrain from what is unnatural, but how much worse is it for a man of God to identify with what is an unnatural abomination?

I’m also wondering what the Bible, and the God-inspired author, means when he condemns men who are “effeminate.” What exactly does this entail in context and what is the modern application?

How may we vividly contrast effeminacy with Godly Christian traits like meekness and gentleness. May we clumsily confuse these good traits with the former?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back