Nature versus Grace Dualism and R2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peairtach

Puritan Board Doctor
An interesting discussion at the Reformed Forum in which Dr Lane Tipton points out that Meredith Kline spoke of the "common grace realm" being addressed and informed by special revelation rather than by "natural law" only, as some R2K people seem to advocate:

Nature/Grace Dualism - Reformed Forum

Thanks for the link, Richard. Was a very interesting interview. I must say this is the first time I've heard someone posit that Kline is being misused by his disciples in advancing the R2k project. I would have to hear much more from Tipton to be convinced, especially in light of the work done by Venema and others showing a harmonious connection between Kline's covenant theology and R2k.

Regardless of whether one can blame Kline for what his disciples have done with him, Tipton does a good job identifying the neo-Thomistic nature/grace dualism found in R2k.

Professor Tipton will be giving two lectures on some aspects of union with Christ to the Presbytery of the Midwest (OPC) at the pre-presbytery conference of the Spring 2013 meeting at Covenant OPC (Orland Park, IL). The Presbytery meets on 15-16 March 2013 and the pre-presbytery conference is on the Thursday evening preceeding that (March 14). I'll follow with details after Christmas, but this too should be a notable contribution to this broader conversation.

Peace,
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back