ND and MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founded on the Rock

Puritan Board Freshman
Did anyone see the Notre Dame and Michigan State game!!!??????

I am an AVID Notre Dame HATER and I cannot believe what happened tonight!

For any football fans here I am wondering what John Smith (MSU coach) is thinking running the option on 2nd & 3? And then coming back with a pass on 3rd &3? And lets forget that fact that the interception cost them the game... even if it didn't what in the world was he thinking?

Both running backs were averaging over 5 yards a carry! The one had just run for 7 yards and they don't go back to him!????!!!

MSU just gave Notre Dame the game! I am wondering... is there any school out there that gets more lucky than Notre Dame? Lets just re-cap this game.

-Last three possesions MSU turns the ball over.
-John Smith decides to think like a moron the entire second half.
-Stanton forgets that his team is UP and decides to throw the ball instead of taking the sack and forcing the Irish to score.
-Stanton forgets that his team is DOWN and does not hurry his team to the line. Instead he waits an additional 5 seconds to hike the ball once everyone is set.
- MSU loses a home game when they are up by 16 points in the 4th quarter.
-MSU decides to back themselves up to 3rd & 42, taking themselves out of field goal range.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unreal.... maybe there is something special about Rome after all...

:) If you grew up in South Bend you might not love Notre Dame since every other word out of anyone's mouth is about Notre Dame this, Charlie Weis that, Brady Quinn this....

And a quick question... Since you are a fan, were you calling for Charlie's job and talking about how awful you were at the end of the second half? Because every Notre Dame fan I know was, which is ANOTHER reason I hate ND! :)

With all that ranting out.... I am not a MSU fan but you are right I guess., the just couldn't handle the pressure. It is funny though since they were at HOME!! Oh well...

My team, Purdue, plays Notre Dame next week but I know they are going to get beat... If for no other reason than because ND gets unbelieveably lucky and I hate them...

I guess there are other things in life worth livng for... :D

Well Ivan you honestly didn't miss any good football. There were a lot of interesting things that happend but not very good football.

ND's run defense looked awful and is MSU didn't lose their mind, they would have kept pounding it out on the ground because one back averaged 5 yards a carry and the other 14!!

Brady Quinn's numbers were EXTREMELY inflated and he didn't play that well in the second half. Bad pass after bad pass... He has 5 touchdown passes and a couple were nice passes, but rememeber a lot of his yards and touchdowns are a result of his receivers doing the work.

John Smith absolutely mis-managed the game... In the closing minutes his team looked like a bunch of middle schoolers who have never run the no-huddle-offense before! They didn't hustle to the line. They didn't use their timeout well (they wasted two time-outs in stupid situations.) and that cost them the game.

By the way, has anyone seen anything larger than a 3rd & 42?? Holy cow! I couldn't believe that. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot....

Goodness... I won't get over this for a while I guess...

Originally posted by Founded on the Rock
Well Ivan you honestly didn't miss any good football. There were a lot of interesting things that happend but not very good football.

Good to know! :lol:

I have a friend that graduated from MSU. I'm sure he is....:mad: and :banghead:...today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back