Necessary defense and abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you doing to defend unborn babies about to be slaughtered?
Not enough.
What is your definition of a coward with regards to this matter?
Pro 24:10-12 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. (11) If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; (12) If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Can you explain that in relation to abortion? I’m right there with you (as I am sure all believers are) insofar as grief and disgust with the current laws on abortion and feeling so very helpless and useless in terms of ‘doing’ anything about it etc but I’m not entirely following you with regards to what you think we as God’s people should lawfully be doing about it. Are you saying that not taking up arms against abortion doctors/women who have abortions is cowardice? Do you see the proper defense of the unborn as something which can only happen by use of arms/violence as opposed to appealing for changes to the law/peaceful demonstrations/counseling pregnant women/tracts etc etc?

Is it ever lawful to take up arms? In what circumstances? Is the wholesale slaughter of millions of the defenseless one of those circumstances? These are matters best decided by the men the Lord has appointed to Church Office rather than lay-folk such as ourselves, Jo.

I could easily descend into bloviation on this matter, particularly this week wherein the nation in which I reside is engaged in much self-congratulation, but then the visage of tiny, lifeless babes enters my mind, and I come to a shuddering stop. May God have mercy upon us.

Is it ever lawful to take up arms? In what circumstances? Is the wholesale slaughter of millions of the defenseless one of those circumstances? These are matters best decided by the men the Lord has appointed to Church Office rather than lay-folk such as ourselves, Jo.

I could easily descend into bloviation on this matter, particularly this week wherein the nation in which I reside is engaged in much self-congratulation, but then the visage of tiny, lifeless babes enters my mind, and I come to a shuddering stop. May God have mercy upon us.

Bloviation is an apt word. So easy to do, but to put feet on such would take rightfully chosen government representative to lead any righteous revolt against the higher authorities. In other words, it is not going top happen. Wondering if a new WCF should be written up for our type of governments today knowing it (the WCF) was written for a government run by those who fear The Lord.

Last edited:

I for one, am extremely glad that this is indeed the case. :)

Wondering if a new WCF should be written up for our type of governments today knowing it (the WCF) was written for a government run by those who fear The Lord.

I think WCF 23.4 shows they considered "infidel" governments.

I'm still not seeing a rule to forbid us from defending the unborn. Is it a case by case basis? i.e. it is not necessary to always defend ourselves and others if for a higher purpose? (e.g. martyrdom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back