Need a free embeddable player for blog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexanRose

Puritan Board Sophomore
I post recordings of psalm singing on my blog on a semi-regular basis. I host the recordings on archive.org (thanks to the recommendation of someone from the puritanboard).

Initially I used mixpod.com to create playlists which I could then embed into blog posts. But then mixpod.com got rid of the option to include your own music in playlists--you have to choose tracks from their selection, which obviously does me no good.

Then I tried playlist.com which does offer the option of creating nice-looking playlists from your own music. However, playlists made with playlist.com are not playable by anyone outside the US. Since two-thirds of my blog traffic comes from outside the US, playlist.com isn't going to work either.

Archive.org does offer its own embeddable player, but it's a really basic black bar, and I have to embed a separate player for each recording--quite awkward and impractical when I'm posting five or six recordings at once.

Soundcloud.com has nice looking players but I don't think their free account would be sufficient, and I can't afford an upgrade.

I looked at the Yahoo Media Player, but I don't like the fact that the player pops up at the bottom of the page, and "floats" in place while you scroll.

(Perhaps I'm just being too picky???)

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back