Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the quote with which I was interacting? Here it is again.

The particular issue I was going for is dealing with the different elements. The individual I was interacting with said he can’t see “why the element of singing praise is different from other elements of worship in such a manner that requires or permits this element to be differently regulated than other elements”.

Ok, well, think this through. Singing corporately is something that all people are required to do. This would also include women and children. If there are not different regulations for the other elements, then women can also preach. If women can’t preach, then that is a different regulation.

The particular issue I was going for is dealing with the different elements. The individual I was interacting with said he can’t see “why the element of singing praise is different from other elements of worship in such a manner that requires or permits this element to be differently regulated than other elements”.

Ok, well, think this through. Singing corporately is something that all people are required to do. This would also include women and children. If there are not different regulations for the other elements, then women can also preach. If women can’t preach, then that is a different regulation.

So you are saying there is no scriptural support for the proposition

The very fact that women are supposed to participate in singing demands a different regulation.

So you are saying there is no scriptural support for the proposition

I don’t understand your statement. If you want an explicit statement instead of “good and necessary consequence” maybe you shouldn’t adhere to the WCF.

If you want an explicit statement instead of “good and necessary consequence” maybe you shouldn’t adhere to the WCF.

Begs the question.

If one said "folks should do handstands during the benediction, and it was questioned, and the response was "good and necessary consequence" that response would be rightly be ridiculed.

If you can't support a tradition of the church from scripture, you should probably either refrain from pontificating, or
maybe you shouldn’t adhere to the WCF.

Begs the question.

If one said "folks should do handstands during the benediction, and it was questioned, and the response was "good and necessary consequence" that response would be rightly be ridiculed.

If you can't support a tradition of the church from scripture, you should probably either refrain from pontificating, or

I have given you a more then sufficient response that is scriptural. You have given nothing in return. If you don’t agree, than give an alternative response.

Maybe if I pose a question: if women are required to sing (element) than are they allowed to preach (element)? If not, than the point is proven. If there is no differing regulation, than there is a clear contradiction.

Begs the question.

Also, unless you really have no clue where scripture speaks about men preaching and the entire congregation singing, it doesn’t beg the question.

Moderating: Closing for a rest. If it reopens, keep this word from Durham in view on doing all things for the edification of the church (something not limited to the duty of pastors, nor excluding posts to the PB): "Use Two. For exhortation, whether in doctrine, discipline or carriage. And it is in the apostle’s words, “for as much as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church” (1 Cor. 14:12), we had need to take the exhortation in all things to aim mainly at the edifying of the body of Christ. In every sermon, in every exercise of discipline, in every meeting together, in every word we speak in our meeting, in all the steps of our carriage, look to edify. " James Durham, “A Sermon on Ephesians 4:11–12,” Collected Sermons of James Durham: Sixty-one Sermons (Naphtali Press and Reformation Heritage Books, August 2017), 925

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back