need helpful resources in Korean

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpkantor

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey everyone. I have some close Korean friends, and I am sorry to say but I think they are struggling with the same issue the Galatian church did. You'd be amazed about how much I'm reminded of what Paul felt since I've been living here in Jerusalem. The church here still very much deals with the issues that he addresses (almost exact same problems).

Anyways, they are putting a big focus on the law and doing OT feasts and reading from the Siddur (Jewish prayer book), and my friend and I (who are living together with them for quite a while) just get the feeling that it is causing many to lose the focus on Jesus. We might be wrong (because there is a huge language barrier), and Jesus might be at the front and center, but we really get the feeling that it is causing more distraction than good.

For the record: those things I listed are not at all bad, we can learn a lot from them and they can teach us about Jesus (just as the whole Torah, Prophets, Writings point towards Christ), but Jesus must always be the focus and our confidence and faith must be put in Him and Him alone always

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows of good resources in Korean that I could pass along to them. Not some giant commentary on Galatians, but something in Korean that could just help them to see Christ so exalted and the full purpose of the law.

I think they misunderstand the purpose of the law, and also do not have a deep understanding of it. It seems to me that they dichotomize it into two categories...
1) see Jesus in the Torah by embracing a lot of the laws/practices of it
VERSUS
2) Ignore the Torah and only think about the NT

So I would really just like an article or sermon or something that
1) shows and expounds clearly the purpose of the law in a historical-redemptive way
2) shows nevertheless how Christ is exalted through the Torah and all of the OT (without having to embrace all the ceremonial law)

Anyways, if anyone can point me to something in Korean I could pass on to them it would be great.

I really appreciate it.

God bless,
-Ben

Contact Wes Bredenhof.

His blog is YINKAHDINAY

Notice on his blog over on the right under articles, that he has a handful or so of articles available in Korean.
I'm not just pointing you to those articles, but rather, I'm assuming he is knowledgeable enough to discuss your
needs and point you to additional materials that might be more exactly what you need in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back