Need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,

I am in dilemma because, I want to attend reformed seminary to do some pastoral training, Because of the need here in India, I belong to the southern part of India. In our area so many churches are there mostly charismatic and pentecostal. So much of Hindu tradition is mixed with christian doctrine and almost so many evangelical churches are preaching salvation by works. So much of Doctrinal confusion. Almost bible become like a magical book. I am traveling every week nearly 6 hours to attend the worship service. So i felt the need to establish a church which can teach and preach reformed doctrines. our churches needs pastors and evangelicals who can preach the pure gospel that Jesus alone is the way for the salvation. I and my friend translated some books in our language of A.w pink's profiting from the word, and Thomas Watson Body of Divinity(selected chapters only). I approach few people who are Calvinistic at least evangelical, Most people are interested in debates like infra and supralapsarianisam, these are end times are not, I felt discouraged, so i felt it is better first to study some theology and to gain biblical knowledge

I searched for the seminaries in our country which are reformed and i find none. I have no finances to study in abroad. online courses are available, But the problem is i want to know and to see how reformed churches are gathering on Sunday to worship. The only seminary that is providing bursary to study abroad is LONDON THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, sadly this year application process is closed.

In this situation what i need to do? need some suggestions.

Where are you in India? If I recall correctly New Geneva has some training in Hyderabad for their Master of Christian Ministry. If you can't do that they have it online currently. Don't bother visiting the website right now, the registrar informed me that it was hacked and they are currently repairing it.
Basket of Figs: New Geneva and Missions
New Geneva was also asked to begin an extension in the Hyderabad region of India. Mr. Will Perkins introduced Dr. A. J. Krishna to Dr. Aquila a number of years ago; this resulted in A. J. asking us to consider offering the same Masters curriculum in India. Dr. Aquila and Mr. Perkins visited India in August 2013, presenting the first series of lectures.
We have also recently added an online extension to our course offerings, after receiving repeated requests from prospective students who were not able to physically move to Colorado Springs. We are now in the process of video and audio recording our classes for online use and have begun four online courses, with students from Nebraska, Baltimore, and China. In developing our online program, the challenge has been to retain a sense of community in which students can interact with their professors and fellow students.
PM me if you want to get in touch with some of them.

There are Reformed teaching sessions for pastors going on in Ahmedabad this week and next week. I can't find any online information about it. The teachers are Brian Agovino and Randy Taylor. They are working with a ministry called Logos Holistic Ministries, and their course topics are the Gospel of John and "Leadership Lessons in Ezra and Nehemiah." I wish I could give you more specifics on times and location, but I can't find anything.

As far as seminaries, you should look into the Free Church Seminary and Whitefield Theological Seminary. Both are fully available through distance education, and are staunchly reformed.

I spoke to a pastor friend who works with a ministry called Partners India. He had some recommendations. If these are not a direct help, he thought that someone from these ministries may be able to direct you.

Thirdmill has several courses in Hindi, although Marc (my friend) said the translation is a little wooden. It was difficult for some of the lesser educated students they are preparing for ministry. They now use The Timothy Initiative, though it is less reformed and more broadly evangelical. Another resource was the India Gospel League. This is another broadly evangelical ministry, but they may be of some help. The last is World Harvest and the Delhi Bible Institute.

I use Thirdmill for my own personal edification and find it to be very useful and Marc says it's on par with what you will find it seminary. I am not familiar with the other ministries although a quick look at the website shows that the two India specific ministries are geared toward North India. Maybe they can be useful to you in the south.

I will certainly pray that God will equip you to minister to your neighbors and reach the lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back