New Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverReforming

Puritan Board Freshman
I picked up a few new books recently:

The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges
Holiness by J.C. Ryle
The Doctrines of Grace: Rediscovering the Evangelical Gospel by James Boice and Philip Ryken
The Westminster Confession of Faith Study Book: A Study Guide for Churches by Joseph Pipa, Jr.

I just started reading The Discipline of Grace so I'm not very far into it and I don't have it in front of me to quote exactly, but I really liked the statement he makes early on in the book that our worst days are never so bad that we are beyond the reach of God's grace and our best days are never so good that we are beyond the need of it. That really struck a blow at the heart of the Arminian teachings I grew up under for many years.

Being new to Reformed teaching, I'm also looking forward to The Westminster Confession of Faith Study Book. I think it will give me a better understanding of the Westminster Confession. That'll probably be the next one on the list I read.

Holiness is one of my all-time favorites. Also, I enjoyed Pipa's WCF Study Guide much more than Williamson's. Some may disagree, but it is what it is. Blessings on your reading brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back