Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The next audio book is ready to go!

AUDIO BOOK: Infant Baptism God's Ordinance by Michael Harrison

There is no better succinct, concise, precise and exegetical work on infant baptism than Harrison’s work. It is not just about baptism – it’s about infant inclusion in the covenant of grace. It’s about church membership.

Audio Book here.
eBook here.
Printed book here.

InfantBaptismHarrisonAudioBook1.jpg

An Australian friend of mine collects historic Baptist works on his website. One of these works is an article by Hercules Collins respoding to Michael Harrison's work. Have you seen this. Just passing it on FYI.
http://www.vor.org/rbdisk/pdf/the_sandy_foundation_of_infant_collins.pdf

Yes. A heartily dispensational work, and as Harrison concludes "filled with errors". Harrison mentions him:

Infant baptism Gods ordinance : Wherein the antiquity of infant church-membership and baptism is clearly proved both from the scriptures and fathers: Proving the Anabaptists plea of antiquity to be a meer untruth. As also, that dipping is not the right way of baptizing. Together with a seasonable rebuke of several erroneous opinions the Arminian Anabaptists hold concerning original sin, universal and sufficient grace, redemption, free vvill, perseverance, &c. Being an answer, to several scandalous and erroneous papers put out by the Anabaptists; and particularly, Mr. Collins of Wapping his late book, entituled, The sandy-foundation of infant-baptism shaken, against Mr. Mence (late of Wapping) and me., Part II, By Michael Harrison ..,

Harrison also had William Russell and John Geree write similar works against him.

Last edited:
This is an excellent book and one too little known. I recommend it to anyone seriously exploring the question of infant baptism or any who wishes to have a firmer foundation in this biblical doctrine, since to this day, and to the hurt of the church of Christ, infant baptism is violently assailed.

This is an excellent book and one too little known. I recommend it to anyone seriously exploring the question of infant baptism or any who wishes to have a firmer foundation in this biblical doctrine, since to this day, and to the hurt of the church of Christ, infant baptism is violently assailed.

Very much in agreement. Harrison is particularly insightful, this work being a condensed version of his preaching work on covenant, the covenant sign and church membership. Its like "cliff notes" which makes it nice for studying. (I wish we had his longer series as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back