New Baptist Systematics Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Theology-Church-Daniel-L-Akin/dp/080542640X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-4215131-3634835?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190488376&sr=8-1"]A Theology for the Church[/ame], edited by Danny Akin.

This is a compiliation of modern Baptist theologians on systematic loci. In particular, Russell Moore contributes on the Doctrine of Revelation and on Eschatology (which will be one of the sharper defenses of historic premillennialism). Al Mohler and others contribute as well. I am picking it up.

They quote from the Bahnsen-Stein debate on page 9. Very encouraging. The section on eschatology is worth the price of the book.

I'm getting it too, Jacob. Where did you pick it up?

I will tell you if you promise to not make fun of me. I got it at.... (makes sure no one is looking)...Lifeway!

The section on General Revelation (Russell Moore) was interesting. The section on Salvation (Kenneth Keathley) was good on justification/sanctification. Concerning Reformed soteriology, Keathley had an excellent discussion of the issues involved on both sides--probably the best introductory discussion I have read--but he did'nt want to take the Calvinist's conclusion. Even more strangely, he didn't want to take the Arminian conclusion. All in all, my response to it was a good, intellectual exercise.

On the section on the Church (Mark Dever), I demur.

9QUOTE]
I'm getting it too, Jacob. Where did you pick it up?

I will tell you if you promise to not make fun of me. I got it at.... (makes sure no one is looking)...Lifeway!

Have I ever made fun of you?! Wouldn't think of it. I haven't been in a Lifeway store (It was called the Baptist Book Store then) in about 20 years. However, I hear some encouraging things.

So that I'm transparent, since we are a Southern Baptist church we do order things from Lifeway once in a while.

Concerning Reformed soteriology, Keathley had an excellent discussion of the issues involved on both sides--probably the best introductory discussion I have read--but he did'nt want to take the Calvinist's conclusion. Even more strangely, he didn't want to take the Arminian conclusion. All in all, my response to it was a good, intellectual exercise.

Sounds like a Southern Baptist to me! :lol:

On the section on the Church (Mark Dever), I demur.

That's no surprise. He's a Southern Baptist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back