New Books Coming in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian T

Puritan Board Freshman
The publisher's website says this will be released in February 2022. Either way, this is exciting.

Definitely! Reading Vos's Biblical Theology and parts of his Reformed Dogmatics has been a game-changer for me this year.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we won't see it until February. In my experience at least, Christianbook.com never seems to get their release dates correct!

It will be interesting to see how Dr. Gaffin's work tracks with G. Vos' The Pauline Eschatology. I heard him speak on New Perspectives and I will guess his refutation of that topic might inform what he writes in his new work.

Definitely! Reading Vos's Biblical Theology and parts of his Reformed Dogmatics has been a game-changer for me this year.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we won't see it until February. In my experience at least, Christianbook.com never seems to get their release dates correct!
We should anticipate many publishers pushing back due dates by a couple of months in the next year. They are facing issues with delays at printers and other supply chain problems.

It will be interesting to see how Dr. Gaffin's work tracks with G. Vos' The Pauline Eschatology. I heard him speak on New Perspectives and I will guess his refutation of that topic might inform what he writes in his new work.
I was a student under him in the 51st time he taught through Acts and Paul. His main influences are Vos and Ridderbos. He didn't address the NPP much in the lectures, but that might be different in this book. However, since he has addressed those issues in a different place (his book By Faith: Not By Sight), I am guessing there won't be very much on the NPP in this book.

http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/Jesus-and-the-god-of-classical-theism/397660

Stephen R. Donaldson, The Killing God (Berkley: November, 2022)

Michael Malice, The White Pill

I see four of interest so far on my radar:

Geerhardus Vos: Natural Theology, release date 12/31/2021 (close enough to 2022!)
Richard Muller: Providence, Freedom, and the Will, release date 4/30/2022
Richard Gaffin Jr.: In the Fullness of Time: An Introduction to the Biblical Theology of Acts and Paul, release date 5/3/2022
Tadataka Maruyama and Richard Muller: Calvin's Ecclesiology: A Study in the History of Doctrine, release date 5/12/2022

Feel free to share any others you know about!

Update: Geerhardus Vos's Natural Theology now has a release date of 2/1/2022. There's a better description of the work now out there as well:

Publisher's Description​

Biblical and natural theology may not appear to mix, but the two actually do belong together. Vos’s reputation as the father of contemporary biblical theology is not negated by his earlier teaching of natural theology, appearing here for the first time in English.

Gathered from source material found in the Heritage Hall archives at Calvin Seminary and University, these are the earliest notes of Vos’s lectures on natural theology. They demonstrate his understanding of Reformed orthodox approaches as well as extensive knowledge of contemporary developments in the subject.

The present volume could be regarded as, and may have formed, a partial introduction to Reformed Dogmatics since it lacks a prolegomenon and because Natural Theology discusses religion and the proofs for the existence of God.

Perhaps @NaphtaliPress can tell us whether Vol. 3 of James Durham's commentary on Revelation will be out this year. If it is, that will be the highlight of the publishing year for me I think.
I need to hit sponsorships this week to see if we can reach the goal by any print deadline and fund the labor for this year (was March 1 last year for v2). I just came off a hard solid month of 12 hour days editing, proofing, laying out the lectures for chapters 12-22 including my 'covid' week. Good two months work left I suspect for laying out the new extensive life (lots of new info), annotated bibliography, and estimated preaching calendar for 1647-1658 (the latter looks more likely to go as appendices, then the quite technical and new territory for me of doing the index for all three volumes to go at the back of v3. I just wrote RHB this morning to see how this looks for this year for them. As already raised above, the book industry has been hit hard with most of the mills deciding to produce cartons not printing paper; and NPSE uses specialty papers and a European book cloth. In addition to delays, since NPSE is a uniform series, any unavailability of a product means delay or a humbling glaring design change just to get into print. So, I am raising all those issues now rather than find out like in March. Waiting to hear. Prayers appreciated we can move forward with not a lot of delay and no humbling changes. I just sent the latest issue of The Confessional Presbyterian to press last week of November. I avoided a change of the paper cover stock which nearly was necessary but they found the special order stock we have used every year since 2009 last minute. But, the due date is March; that's twelve weeks when 8 was the max and 6 weeks (and sometimes 5 in the past) was common before Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back