New Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
I was reading this article by Greg Bahnsen:
Is It Our Moral Obligation to Attend Church?
http://www.cmfnow.com/articles/pc087.htm

He has this footnote:

[quote:fc804d532a]
The Old Testament festivals of firstfruits and pentecost (looking forward to Christ's resurrection and the giving of the Holy Spirit) were celebrated on the first day of the week (Lev.23:11, 16, 35, 39). Likewise, the new creation began on the first day of the week, having been brought about by Christ's resurrection from the dead (1 Cor. 15:20-28; 2 Cor. 5:17; Col. 1:13-19).
[/quote:fc804d532a]

Regarding the new creation beginning on the first day of the week, I agree completely. That was the beginning of the New Heavens and New Earth, and is partially our basis for Sunday worship. Does anyone have any good articles / books to recommend on establishing that the new heavens / earth began with Christ's resurrection?

Thanks

Are you talking about partial-Preterism? Full Preterism? Or am I just totally misunderstanding what you mean?

In Christ,

Chris

Chrisopher - it is not a preterism issue. The Church has historically recognized that the day of Christ's resurrection was the first day of the new creation. I am sure preterists would have their own interpretation.

I think Edwards dealt with this issue in his work on the Perpetuity and change of the Sabbath. You can access that document on the opening page of the Puritan Board. Under The Lord's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back