New Ecclesiastical Latin Blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieJ

Puritan Board Junior
PB friends,

I'm trying to gauge interest in a new blog project. I read and translate a lot of ecclesiastical Latin. I'm thinking of starting a blog dedicated to it. Probably the blog would contain several types of posts. One would be running translation projects, probably 1 or 2 paragraphs a week. On these I would love to get collaboration. Think of them as group projects.

Another type would be stand-alone posts that deal with issues I come across in translating. These posts would be snippets of information useful to anyone attempting similar features. I don't expect these to generate much conversation, as they're basically for reference.

I'm going to begin with Luther's Assertio omnium articulorum (1521), one of his replies to the papal bull Exsurge Domine. I'm announcing this because I will be much more motivated to continue the blog if it collects even a small community of interlocutors, asking questions and/or offering advice.

Who is interested in participating in the conversation of such a blog?

I have had a long interest in Ecclesiastical Latin but there are so few resources out there on the topic. I would be very interested in your site. However it must be admitted, I know very little on the subject, so the potential for being in over my head is quite likely.

This would be way over my head (I'm still working through the first twenty chapers of Wheelock's so my Latin journey is really just beginning) but I am excited to hear about this possibility. It is something worth doing and could be a great resource.

Sounds like a great plan! I've spent almost no time in Ecclesiastical Latin, so this would be a wonderful opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back