New England Congregationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiu

Puritan Board Junior
I want to learn more about New England congregationalism, from it's beginnings to the present day.

1. What are some historical and contemporary resources to give me a better understanding of the history and theology of congregationalism in America? I have the following books in my Amazon wishlist I will get to when I have a chance: The Congregational Way of Life by Arthur A. Rouner Jr; A History of the Congregational Churches in the United States by Williston Walker; and The Creeds and Platforms of Congregational​ism by Williston Walker. What are some other recommended books or articles?

2. What is the current state of congregationalism in New England? In particular, how is the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference (CCCC)? How Reformed are they, and how do they compare to denominations like the OPC or URCNA (apart from their congregationalism) or the [Calvinist] SBC?

When I lived in New Hampshire our congregation (OPC), we had a close relation with The cong. Church in Merrimack which is still Reformed. The bulk of them are pretty liberal. I had a coworker who belonged to them and he said their Church could call a minister who was cong., United Methodist, or Unitarian. The link to the Merrimack church is, Home- First Congregational Church of Merrimack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back