New materials at ruinandredemption.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB.SDG

Puritan Board Junior
Guys,

Some of you know I've created a website devoted to curriculum on Covenant Theology. You can find it at: www.ruinandredemption.com. There are a few updates I wanted to let you know about:

I've added a "Threads" section on the site; it walks through the same material on the covenants in more bite-sized, article format. It is now updated to include all the material on the covenants from the beginning through Sinai parts 1 and 2.

Also, I've started in on writing on the Davidic Covenant and have added what I've written so far: a somewhat in-depth background to the Davidic Covenant including sections on Israel in the wilderness; the conquest of Canaan; the time of the Judges; the rise of the monarchy and the immediate background to the covenant in 2 Samuel 7. Lord willing I'll be done with all of David by May, but I wanted to put up what I've been able to write so far. Hope it's a blessing. Feel free to use any way you can. Any suggestions for improvement are always appreciated.

Jon,

I have just been printing off some of the lesson material so permit me to give some feedback:
  1. You give a full table table of contents wih the lesson material, but the page numbers do not print on each page. I have had to manually write them in to match the table of contents.
  2. I have been a little confused about your additional resources section. Eg your explanatory notes on Infant Baptism, are these additional, or are they a summary of your full lecture notes on the Abrahamic Covenant?
  3. I can say I have appreciated how you have brought together key insights from the Dutch theologians as well as the Puritans. Very helpful for this confused Reformed Baptist :) Talking of being a confused Reformed Baptist, there are some websites aggressively promoting a Covenantal Baptist position. Eg https://contrast2.wordpress.com/ and http://www.1689federalism.com/ If you were able to interact with this key stuff when you do the lecture notes on the new covenant, I am sure this will be a helpful clarification for many, including myself.
Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback Stephen. Yeah, I should add page numbers. As far as the additional resources, that's a good point to clarify too. Some of those resources are additional material from other writings; some of them are "stand alone" materials from the same content. So yes, the infant baptism resource with Abraham basically comes straight from the end of the material on the Abrahamic Covenant; but it has minor edits and is reformatted to be it's own resource as needed.

I thought I would add a clarification about why I was asking about the additional resources. I tend to be a person who prints out material rather than reading it online. However if some material is useful summaries of the main lesson material (eg, the material on Infant Baptism, and I think the material understanding the Mosaic covenant?), I probably would read these useful summaries online, rather than printing them out if the 'essence' is still in the lesson material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back