New member from Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Snrub

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi All!

I have stumbled upon Puritan Board in the past, and finally decided to join up and stop lurking.

I grew up in a Christian home, and was basically raised in the PCA from age 8 on. Prior to that, we attended a Disciples of Christ church, before moving to a town with a dying Disciples of Christ church. The town we moved to was an old Southern mill town with a “God Quad” (or four churches of different denominations on one block: Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist and Episcopal). After deciding to leave the Disciples of Christ church after a few months, my parents decided to “try out” these four churches, and by God’s providence, we visited the Presbyterian (PCA) church first. It was there my dad was first exposed to the doctrines of grace, and where the Gospel really made sense to him. We never visited another church, and my dad eventually became a Deacon and Ruling Elder in that church.

I was involved in RUF at college, which is where the Gospel really made sense to me. The seeds had certainly been planted at the church I grew up in, but getting away from home and exploring the Gospel with like-minded individuals more in-depth really helped it make sense to me as an individual. The ministry itself and the friendships I developed from it really challenged my faith (in a good way) and what it meant to be a believer.

I’ve been married to my wife for just over three years now. She’s seminary trained (counseling degree from Covenant in St. Louis). She’s also a Brazilian Presbyterian PK "Cubed" (in other words, her great-grandfather, grandfather, and father were all Presbyterian Pastors in Brazil). Her father is a TE in the PCA in Florida, though currently without call. The story of how her family became Presbyterians in the first place is a very fascinating story of the Holy Spirit softening the heart of a very hardened Roman Catholic (her great-great-grandfather). We have a three week old son (our first) so we’re currently dealing with the highs and lows of parenthood, especially the highs and lows of those first few weeks.

Cymro

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome to you, and your wife and son. May he continue the
family call into the ministry. God bless.

Scottish Lass

Puritan Board Doctor
You'll find several of us in GA or with ties to the Peach State (including my husband and me). Welcome, and go Dawgs! :)

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
I hope your location answers, but Dawgs or Bumblebees?

I spent a few years in Athens back when the choices for Presbyterians on campus was either the Baptist Student Union or the Wesleyan Center.

Mister Snrub

Puritan Board Freshman
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I hope your location answers, but Dawgs or Bumblebees?

Neither, actually. I'm a Bama fan (and alumnus) and my wife is a Gator fan (and alumna). We're just a couple of strangers in a strange land.

chatwithstumac

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings Kenny! I think we have similar stories. My wife is from Bolivia and we have a three year old son. Her grandfather was missionary/pastor in Bolivia. We live just south of St. Louis.

Welcome to PB!

Status
Not open for further replies.