Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello! My name is Minh.

I’m a recent convert to the Reformed faith a year ago. Even though I was raised in a Buddhist background, I was deeply ingrained in secular humanism before I came to know Christ through the witness of my friend. It is by the grace of God that I also believe in the doctrine of Grace. My first petition in prayer would be to continually persist in knowing Christ through diligent studies of sermons and Scripture.

Brother in Christ,
MN

Jeri Tanner

Staff member
Welcom MN! It's great to have you here.

You can follow the links below to get your signature set up, so that all will know how to address you.

Blessings! :)

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
Greeting. You live in a physically beautiful part of the world, but cold to Christianity, it seems.

Minh

Puritan Board Freshman
Greeting. You live in a physically beautiful part of the world, but cold to Christianity, it seems.
Indeed, it is a exotic place to visit if you love nature. But as you correctly point out, this is a Christian-proof nation. Take the United Church of Canada for example. When I read their magazine, I barely find any word "God" or "Jesus" in it, but climate change or social justice instead. Other mainline denominations such as the Presbyterian Church in Canada have fallen deeply into apostasy also.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Welcome - from a fellow Canadian. I grew up in Surrey and I have visited Victoria a few times.

Stephen L Smith

Staff member
Welcome from another member of the Commonwealth. Interesting reading of your Buddhist background. Have you done any reflection on how to evangelise Buddhists?

Jo_Was

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome! The "budding" Christian is a stage in the pilgrim journey that's a wonderful time of zeal, but can also be a great challenge because we are confronted so much with our past, as well as the future in Christ that we now hope for. I hope that this thread and your Christian friends locally can help you in this journey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.