New PRINTED book from the Northampton Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
The Northampton Press is very pleased to announce a “new” Puritan title, “None But Christ,” by John Wall, pastor of St. Michael’s Cornhill in London from 1646-1652. This is a hardback book with dustcover, 288 pages in length. I so believe in the content of this book I’ve taken out a personal loan to finance it. It needs to be in print.

Of this book John MacArthur wrote:

“Don Kistler seems to have a special gift for rediscovering long-forgotten Puritan works that are perfectly suited to our times. This is a compelling exhortation to give Christ His rightful place at the center of our thoughts and our words. It’s a truly edifying—and deeply convicting—word of admonition. Christians today, seeking to honor Christ while trying keep up with the pace of twenty-first-century life, surely need this message even more than our Puritan ancestors did.”

--John MacArthur

Of the nearly 300 books I’ve published since I began, I put this among the top three. The other two would be “Gospel Worship” by Jeremiah Burroughs and “The True Christian’s Love to the Unseen Christ,” by Thomas Vincent. And I’d be hard-pressed to choose which of the three would be #1. The three chapters addressed to ministers of the gospel are worth the price of the book alone!

Here are the contents:

Chapter 1
The Opening of the Words of the Text
and the Doctrine Gathered and Explained

DOCTRINE. Everyone Ought to Study and Learn to Know Jesus Christ

Chapter 2
Study to Know Christ in His Incarnation

Chapter 3
A Brief View of the Sufferings of Christ Before
He Suffered on the Cross

Chapter 4
The Sufferings of Christ At and Upon the Cross

Chapter 5
We Must Study to Know Christ in His Satisfaction

Chapter 6
We Must Study to Know Christ with Application

Chapter 7
We Must Study to Know Christ With
an Affectionate Knowledge

Chapter 8
We Must Study to Know Christ with a Virtual
and Operative Knowledge

Chapter 9
The Knowledge of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified
Is the Sweetest and Most Excellent Knowledge

Chapter 10
The Knowledge of Christ and Him Crucified Is the Most Profitable Knowledge

Chapter 11
The Knowledge of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified
Is the Most Comfortable Knowledge

Chapter 12
A Reproof to Those Who Know Nothing of Jesus Christ

Chapter 13
A Reproof to Those Who Study to Know All Things Else Save Jesus Christ and Him Crucified

Chapter 14
A Reproof to Those Who Study to Know Christ Only by Speculation

Chapter 15
A Reproof to Those Who Do Not Know Christ Affectionately or Practically

Chapter 16
How Thankful and Contented Those Ought to Be Who Know Jesus Christ and Him Crucified Savingly

Chapter 17
An Exhortation to All to Study the Knowledge of Christ Savingly

Chapter 18
An Exhortation to Examine and Try Ourselves Whether We Know Christ Savingly

Chapter 19
More Arguments to Excite Us to Examine
Ourselves Whether We Know Christ Savingly

Chapter 20
Signs of the Saving Knowledge of Christ

Chapter 21
The Sixth Sign of the Saving Knowledge
of Christ, Namely Love

Chapter 22
The Seventh Sign of the Saving Knowledge
of Christ, Namely the Spirit of Prayer

Chapter 23
The Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Signs of the Saving Knowledge of Christ

Chapter 24
The Eleventh Sign of the Saving Knowledge
of Christ Is the Witness of the Spirit

Chapter 25
A Brief Examination of Some Doubts and Reservations Whereby a Poor Believer Questions Whether Christ is His or Not

Chapter 26
The Seventh Doubt Proceeding from Strong Lusts
Still Remaining and Relapses Into Old Sins

Chapter 27
More Doubts of a Weak Believer That Make Him Question Whether He Has His Part in Christ Cleared and Answered

Chapter 28
Other Doubts of a Weak Believer Answered

Chapter 29
More Doubts of Weak Believers Answered

Chapter 30
An Exhortation to the Ministers of the Gospel Especially to Preach Jesus Christ to the People

Chapter 31
An Exhortation to the Ministers of the Gospel to Preach Christ in Such a Manner as the People May Best Come to the Saving Knowledge of Christ

Chapter 32
Eight Other Means How to Preach Christ So As Ministers May Win Souls to Jesus Christ

Chapter 33
An Exhortation to Thankfulness for Christ Revealed in the Gospel

This book retails for $24.00, but until the scheduled release date of May 1 I am offering it for $14.00 plus $7 postage. After May 1 the price will increase to $18.00.

Do your soul a favor and purchase and then devour this book. You will not regret it.

As I mentioned earlier, I have taken out a personal loan so that I can publish this magnificent work. If you are so inclined to help me pay down that loan, I would be most grateful. Gifts and donations are tax-deductible as we are a 501©3 organization.

To purchase online, go to www.northamptonpress.org. To purchase by check, send your check to

The Northampton Press
PO Box 781135
Orlando, FL 32878-1135

Dr. Don Kistler
President
The Northampton Press

​The $14 pre-publication price expires at the end of this week. On May 2 the price goes up. We've had a nice response to this title thus far. I hope you'll avail yourself of the savings on this wonderful book.

Only 3 days left to receive the pre-publication price of $14 (plus $7 postage). The books will arrive here on Monday. On Monday the price goes up to $18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back