New Puritan Reprint Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PresReformed

Puritan Board Freshman
Puritan Reprints has recently published...

"The Life of President Edwards" by Sereno E. Dwight. This is a 772 page, gray, cloth bound hardcover. Retail price of $60, Puritan Reprint price $35.

"The Life and Character of the Late Reverend, Learned, and Pious Mr. Jonathan Edwards" by Samuel Hopkins. This is a 120 page paperback. Retail price of $18, Puritan Reprint price $9.

"The Life of Charles Hodge" by A.A. Hodge. This is a 640 page, gray, cloth bound hardcover. Retail price $55, Puritan Reprint price of $30.

"The Pastor and the Prelate" by David Calderwood and "Select Works of James Begg on Worship" will both be available within a few weeks. I am also working on a facsimile of William Perkins "A Golden Chain" that should be available shortly once I iron out all the kinks.

Contact me if you are interested in purchasing any of these books.

Thank you,
Greg

Last edited:
Is there also a distro. in Europe were we can order your books ? Any information would be helpfull!!

I can now distribute them from the UK so anybody interested can let me know and I'll have them drop shipped to you. I suppose I can use paypal for these orders.

Is there also a distro. in Europe were we can order your books ? Any information would be helpfull!!

I can now distribute them from the UK so anybody interested can let me know and I'll have them drop shipped to you. I suppose I can use paypal for these orders.

Are you familiar with :

Kees de Wildt, he is diong the distro. for Europe. You can take contact with him at:

[email protected]

Den Hertog Houten
Elzenkade 6
3992 AC Houten
The Netherlands

Are you familiar with :

Kees de Wildt, he is diong the distro. for Europe. You can take contact with him at:

[email protected]

Den Hertog Houten
Elzenkade 6
3992 AC Houten
The Netherlands

Distribution for who?

Are you familiar with :

[email protected]

Den Hertog Houten
Elzenkade 6
3992 AC Houten
The Netherlands

Distribution for who?

He is diong: Soli deo gloria, Banner of truth, Solid ground books and many more......

It's good to see these readily available today.

It's worth pointing out that in James Begg's work against Organs one will also find a reprint of his father's work on the same subject, which must be rated as one of the best treatments because of its clarity and conciseness.

It's worth pointing out that in James Begg's work against Organs one will also find a reprint of his father's work on the same subject, which must be rated as one of the best treatments because of its clarity and conciseness.

What was his father called?

Also James Begg (the senior James Begg lived from 1762-1845; the younger lived from 1808 to 1883). BTW, You can read Begg's Memoirs online here.

Another good article from a Southern Presbyterian. is the one by Adger, A Denial Of Divine Right For Organs In Public Worship, at The Blue Banner Archive.

Also James Begg (the senior James Begg lived from 1762-1845; the younger lived from 1808 to 1883). BTW, You can read Begg's Memoirs online here.

They were not very original when it came to names in those days:) Thanks for the resource.

Interesting memoirs overall, but disappointing with regard to his Australasian journey.

How so, Pastor Winzer? :detective:

The Free Church General Assembly favoured an unprincipled union in Australia between establishmentarians and voluntaries, because they thought Colonial churches did not face the kind of problems which the Free Church faced from an established church in Scotland. A remnant of the Free Church in Australia remained out of the union and were subsequently disowwned by the Scottish GA. Begg and other constitutionalists were later against union with the United Presbyterians because it would entail relaxing subscription to the Confession, especially on the establishment principle. This makes one naturally inquisitive as to the way Begg conducted himself towards the different bodies in Australia; but we're not given any information in the memoirs.

Interesting memoirs overall, but disappointing with regard to his Australasian journey.

How so, Pastor Winzer? :detective:

The Free Church General Assembly favoured an unprincipled union in Australia between establishmentarians and voluntaries, because they thought Colonial churches did not face the kind of problems which the Free Church faced from an established church in Scotland. A remnant of the Free Church in Australia remained out of the union and were subsequently disowwned by the Scottish GA. Begg and other constitutionalists were later against union with the United Presbyterians because it would entail relaxing subscription to the Confession, especially on the establishment principle. This makes one naturally inquisitive as to the way Begg conducted himself towards the different bodies in Australia; but we're not given any information in the memoirs.

Thanks - this is very interesting to me. I have been interested in educating myself on Presbyterian church history in Australia in general. Do you have any book/article recommendations in that vein? Any particular thoughts on Rowland Ward's The Bush Still Burns: The Presbyterian and Reformed Faith in Australia 1788-1988?

Greg -- My copy of The Pastor and the Prelate arrived today. Thank you for your excellent service in making this available! :pilgrim::up:

My copy of Select Works of James Begg on Worship arrived today. Looks like sweet reading.

Thank you Andrew. You can get better deals on my Amazon page if you wait a few weeks for my books to be posted there, or you can order them directly from me. I have "The Life of timothy Dwight" available now. I should be finished with the 2 volume collection of his sermons soon. Still working on "Golden Chain";)

Thanks - this is very interesting to me. I have been interested in educating myself on Presbyterian church history in Australia in general. Do you have any book/article recommendations in that vein? Any particular thoughts on Rowland Ward's The Bush Still Burns: The Presbyterian and Reformed Faith in Australia 1788-1988?

Andrew, For a broad view, Iain Murray has a book on Australian Church History. There is an older Free Church history, but it would be unobtainable now. Rowland's is well researched and provides good historical information; but it's not plain history and has numerous "theological spins" put on it from Rowland's distinct perspective. If you have DSCHT, Allan Harman has contributed articles on James Forbes (Victoria) and William M'Intyre (New South Wales), who were the leaders and stalwarts of the Disruption movement in Australia. There should be a few articles from William M'Intyre at the PCEA website, which I made available when I managed the site, e.g. justification, vows.

Volume 1 of Timothy Dwight's Sermons is now available on Lulu. It should be available on Amazon for around $25 in a few weeks. Still working on volume 2.

Having read the two Begg treasties on organs/instrumental music today, I wholeheartedly concur. :pilgrim:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back