New Star Trek Movie = AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellville

Puritan Board Junior
WOW!! SUPER AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!!

star-trek-11-1-1024.jpg

star-trek-inspirational-poster.jpg

Thanks for the tip,I loved the old tv series and that did it for me,I did not need the movies at all,Does the new movie rekindle some of the flavor of the old show?,If so i would like it

My wife and I just got home from seeing it . . . WOWWWWWWWWW!

It was incredibly good, exciting, great special effects, full of the puckish humor of the old television series of 40 years ago. There is no nudity, very little cussing (as I recall), and a non-stop screen full of action. Like any movie made in this decade, the blacks and whites have a bit more gray in them. But, for Star Trek addicts, it was a good fix.

Ted Baehr summarizes:
STAR TREK is an exciting, entertaining, popcorn movie. The intensity never lets up, and the special effects are first-rate, but this is not the STAR TREK older generations remember. This new STAR TREK takes place in a much more messy, amoral universe that honors cheating, rebellion and some immorality. That said, the movie does capture the essence of STAR TREK, with some positive moral qualities and heroes who sacrifice themselves to save others.

Both Hugh Hewitt and Emmett of the Unblinking Eye loved the movie.

My wife actually wants to go see this movie which amazes me, so we'll soon being going to the movies!

My wife and I just got home from seeing it . . . WOWWWWWWWWW!

It was incredibly good, exciting, great special effects, full of the puckish humor of the old television series of 40 years ago. There is no nudity, very little cussing (as I recall), and a non-stop screen full of action. Like any movie made in this decade, the blacks and whites have a bit more gray in them. But, for Star Trek addicts, it was a good fix.

Ted Baehr summarizes:
STAR TREK is an exciting, entertaining, popcorn movie. The intensity never lets up, and the special effects are first-rate, but this is not the STAR TREK older generations remember. This new STAR TREK takes place in a much more messy, amoral universe that honors cheating, rebellion and some immorality. That said, the movie does capture the essence of STAR TREK, with some positive moral qualities and heroes who sacrifice themselves to save others.
Both Hugh Hewitt and Emmett of the Unblinking Eye loved the movie.

But there was the obligatory bedroom scene with that dyed green girl. Other than that I really liked the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
No nudity = No exposed female tops, bottoms, or fronts, male bottoms or fronts.

Ted Baehr says: "brief upper male nudity" in his review of Star Trek. Living in CA where men do not wear shirts at the beach, I guess I'm not sensitive to this form of display of skin.

Bill, I forgot about the green girl. But, wasn't she in something like a bikini??? And, the roommate at the door kept anything from "happening."

Hey, I'm not defending the movie as perfect, just an exciting adventure with less objectionable stuff (language and sexuality) than most movies and a LOT of network television. Caveat emptor.

All I remember of star trek is people walking through corridoors and doors that go "ssshwwush". Very exciting ;)

We're watching movies now? Oh my, next we'll be dancing wearing shorts!!! :lol:

I grew up on the old Star Trek (because my dad was a Trekkie Junkie who made me watch all the reruns) and loved it. Especially the tribbles. Anything that corny deserves respect.

Live long and prosper!!!

All I remember of star trek is people walking through corridoors and doors that go "ssshwwush". Very exciting ;)

You had to be there.

Hey, Star Trek is every male's dream. You get to lounge around all day in your pajamas, sitting in a cool recliner, watching a giant flat screen TV, and having everyone around you do what you tell them to do. You can't beat that. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it soon, hopefully.

Love the casting, especially Spock (the bad guy from "Heroes"). :)

I'll borrow it from the public library when it becomes available this summer. That way I can pause it for potty breaks or needed walkabouts.

I'll borrow it from the public library when it becomes available this summer. That way I can pause it for potty breaks or needed walkabouts.

OR, you can see it in theaters in all it's AWESOME special effect AWESOMENSS and not even remember that you need to go potty :D

The last time I went to a movie theatre was when Star Wars came out in May of '77, and I still have no intention of going back. However, since this does seem to be a movie with at least 3.6 ounces of kewlness, I'll purchase it on DVD when available.

Theognome

So... are any of you guilty of being fans "who felt like Star Trek belonged to them" and now the "studio has turned it into something people will actually like?" :lol:

Last edited:
Hey, Star Trek is every male's dream. You get to lounge around all day in your pajamas, sitting in a cool recliner, watching a giant flat screen TV, and having everyone around you do what you tell them to do. You can't beat that. :lol:
:lol: Priceless!

Watched the movie yesterday, it was a very good Star Trek movie but also not very trekky at the same time. Awesome effects, good plot, some irony, and good casting - though no one beats Jean-Luc... er, Patrick Stewart.

The last time I went to a movie theatre was when Star Wars came out in May of '77, and I still have no intention of going back. However, since this does seem to be a movie with at least 3.6 ounces of kewlness, I'll purchase it on DVD when available.

Theognome

Join the dark side. Enter the dark theater full of Star Trek AWESOMENESS!

The new movie absolutely rocks!!!

And I'm speaking as a trekkie of many years. One who has actually gone to trek cons.

I will refrain from reading this thread in the interests of avoiding potential spoilers before I get around to seeing it. :)

However, I'm glad to hear it's a hit. I hope it doesn't inspire a half-decent barely-canon series like Enterprise though.

I will refrain from reading this thread in the interests of avoiding potential spoilers before I get around to seeing it. :)

However, I'm glad to hear it's a hit. I hope it doesn't inspire a half-decent barely-canon series like Enterprise though.

Ha! Here's a spoiler!

17-520.jpg

Theognome

Tellville,

I might be annoyed at how often you used the word "awesome." However, having seen the movie this afternoon, I have come to the conclusion you've used the word quite modestly. Everyone who went with me (including the sister-in-law!) agreed that its awesomeness was a sight to behold.

Thankfully, the nudity is all together in one short scene, so when the DVD comes out it should be easy to skip.

Ha! Here's a spoiler!

17-520.jpg

Theognome

Awe man! Now you messed up the whole movie for me Theo Gnome! No sense goin' now.

Last night a chaplain buddy decided to go see a movie. We couldn't make up our mind between Star Trek and Wolverine, so we flipped a coin... Wolverine won. It was "ok," (way too much swearing for a superhero movie, in my opinion, and I didn't need to see Hugh Jackman's 0% body fat naked body running around) but I'm wishing that we had gone to Star Trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back