New Title from the Northampton Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'm pleased to tell you about the latest offering from the Northampton Press. It's entitled "Law and Liberty: A Biblical Look at Legalism." This is a much-discussed topic, but there aren't many good books on the subject. I've brought a number of respected pastors and theologians together to address this matter. In their various chapters, they show what legalism is and how destructive it is to a right understanding of both justification by faith alone and sanctification.

There are 2 chapters each by John MacArthur, Steven J. Lawson, Richard D. Phillips, and Phil Johnson, and one each by Bruce Bickel, Kenneth Talbot, Jim Elliff, Joel Beeke, and myself.

This 208 page paperback book will retail for $15.00, but until March 10 it is offered to you at the pre-publication price of $10.00 plus $6 postage. I expect to be able to start shipping these out in early March.

To order go to The Northampton Press.

Here are the contents:

Chapter 1
Introduction: What Legalism Is, What Legalism Does
Don Kistler

Chapter 2
Truth Vs. Tradition
Steven J. Lawson

Chapter 3
Love and God’s Law
Richard D. Phillips

Chapter 4
The Cross Is Enough
Bruce Bickel

Chapter 5
The Danger of Legalism
Steven J. Lawson

Chapter 6
Obedience: Love or Legalism?
John MacArthur

Chapter 7
Zealous But Not Legalistic
Joel Beeke

Chapter 8
The Plague of Free-Will Moralism
Kenneth Talbot

Chapter 9
Judging Vs. Biblical Discernment
John MacArthur

Chapter 10
Stand Fast in Liberty
Phil Johnson

Chapter 11
Real Love and Real Liberty
Phil Johnson

Chapter 12
What Freedom From the Law Accomplishes
For the Local Church
Jim Elliff

Chapter 13
Biblical Sanctification: The Antidote to Legalism
Richard D. Phillips

This title has arrived, so the 8 of you who purchased it will be receiving it in a few days via first class mail.

The pre-publication offer is good through March 10. But I'll be out of town till the 11th. So you can order it at the pre-pub price of $10 anyway, but I can't
ship until the 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back