New to Logos- What is your workflow and what are some gems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
Good evening. I finally was able to get my computer stable and installed Logos 7, free edition, last night. I am excited and overwhelmed. My first purchase was the John Allen's translation of Calvin's Institutes. I dabbled in converting some pdf's to docx today. I am not sure that I am satisfied with the results. I will have to spend more time with that. I may have to manually import text into Scrivener to format it and then export it. That seems like a lot of work but may do the trick.
My first question is, what are your workflows when reading books? Do you still take notes by hand? Do you copy and paste notes into an external word software? I am sure there is a way to do it inside Logos but I haven't gotten that far yet.
My second question is what are some gems you have found for Logos? This is a big transition for me as I am a stubborn tangible book lover. I am sure once I start finding some rare books and learn how to properly use them I will lose my caution for ebooks.
I would also appreciate any tips or tricks that you wouldn't mind sharing.

I highly recommend going through video tutorials - either the free ones offered by Logos or the $20/month option at mpseminarsonline.com. I paid the monthly fee and have gone through a lot of them and it has been well worth the cost. I think Morris Proctor does an excellent job with his videos. You just can't explain very well what Logos is capable of doing without someone walking you through and watching it on screen.

I am still learning and getting my workflow down but some things (like daily Bible reading) I use the Notes tool in Logos. Larger study projects (like one I am doing on Covenant Theology right now), I use Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back