New trailer for Spirit and Truth movie and purchase info

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be ironic if a church bought it and then showed it instead of having the Morning sermon.

The trailer looks AWESOME! Very good job, whoever made this.

She's going to be famous! :) The Confessional Presbyterian, which sponsored the film, has two of our editors appearing (Alan Strange and Frank Smith). Many folks appearing; it is very well edited taking many interviews to weave a narrative.

I saw Rev. McCurley (FCC) and caught a glimpse of Rev. Craig Scott (RPCNA) in addition to the better-known ministers in the trailer. And looking forward to hearing from our very own Alan Strange.

Good stuff. Looking forward to it.

Rob McCurley is used very effectively as much if not more than some of the more well known 'big name' ministers.
I saw Rev. McCurley (FCC) and caught a glimpse of Rev. Craig Scott (RPCNA) in addition to the better-known ministers in the trailer. And looking forward to hearing from our very own Alan Strange.

I have been recommending this film to everyone. Even our former church has bought it to watch together at a movie night at New Year's.

This looks excellent! Maybe we can stock it and promote it at RHB.
I, too, was excited to see Craig Scott and McCurley. Craig Scott is one of the finest preachers I've had the pleasure to sit under.

As I have pointed out before, Les did not find a spot in Spirit & Truth for this clip against images of Christ. Wish he had, but then it wouldn't be free and floating around to share as it is.:)
Neil Stewart on why Reformed Christians do not and cannot affirm images of Christ.

I have met three participants in the film: Craig Scott, Kevin DeYoung, and Joey Pipa.
I was in a group that met Dr. Pipa shortly before he left Houston back in the 80s; was a conference, maybe on the deaconate. He would not remember me (no reason to). I've known Frank Smith since the mid to late 80s and we've met a few times; preached for our church. Met Rob McCurley in March 1994; he was just a kid in or about to be in seminary I think. He may not remember (I was in DC with my mother to see my brother and the sites and we had dinner with the Isbells who were PRC at that time). I think that is it.

@NaphtaliPress Do you or anyone else on here have the contact information for the individual behind this film? I am interested in adding this to the RHB catalog. Thanks.
Yes; I had given your email to them but they are maybe a bit busy with the pending release. Sending via PM to you.
--- Post updated ---
@NaphtaliPress Do you or anyone else on here have the contact information for the individual behind this film? I am interested in adding this to the RHB catalog. Thanks.
Yes; I had given your email to them but they are maybe a bit busy with the pending release. Sending via PM to you.

--- Post updated ---

Thanks, Chris. I will reach out to Les.

--- Post updated ---

Les and I spoke. I am going to review it this weekend. Thanks again.

Almost hate to say, I am going to wait till it is free. :)

Most of the companies that produce Confessional resources for the Church are small and understaffed. They work incredibly hard with meager means to make these movies and books available. Wouldn't it make more sense to support them? This support enables them to continue to produce content for the Church.

Last edited:
Greetings,

The DVD is available over at Media Gratiae as well. I ordered a copy this afternoon. Thanks for bringing this work to our attention.

My copy arrives tomorrow. I ordered it from Missionalwear awhile ago. Can’t wait!
Btw there’s a great series on the Puritans available from Media Gratiae. Details are discussed with the MG producers in this evening’s Reformed Forum podcast.

Last edited:
Based on the Kickstarter page the creator hit the funding to be able to create a study series with study guides. Is this in the works?

If so, I may wait and ask our session to purchase for our Wednesday night studies.

Based on the Kickstarter page the creator hit the funding to be able to create a study series with study guides. Is this in the works?

If so, I may wait and ask our session to purchase for our Wednesday night studies.
I think so; I saw an informal poll asking what film to make once the study series was completed. But I don't know the time table and have not seen anything announced about this. They are still busy selling the new release I imagine.

Also I am a sucker for merch sometimes. Anyone know if we can buy the coffee mug or beer glass on the kicksts

When I spoke to Les last week, he was gathering information and reaching out to people about how to proceed with the teaching sessions. I put him in touch with one of our people that worked on Puritan to get some guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back