New Year's Challenge - read through the Bible in 90 days!

New Year's Challenge! Read through the Bible in 90 Days

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am looking for folks to participate with me in a 90 Bible readthrough.

I have posted a tool on my blog and have already started, but we all know how the best laid plans can start with a bang and end with a whimper - :D - so here is the call!

Ultimately, I would love for this to be a quarterly recurring challenge and I plan to make the tool more and more "user friendly" to facilitate us 'Net oriented readers! :)

The spreadsheet is on GoogleDocs and I will be happy to share it with interested folks.

If you have any additional tools/suggestions/rants/raves, please post them here.

The idea :pray2: is for us to update this thread or comment on my blog regularly with our progress or struggles.

SDG!

I will be doing it a little bit different that your plan if thats ok brother. I'll read 10 chapters a day in th OT with 1 per day in Proverbs followed by 3 per day in the NT. This will be a great help to us all.

Day 3 is done - Abram is introduced, Job rebukes his "miserable comforters", Christ pours out wisdom and miracles...praise God for the richness of His word!

Ok, I am looking for folks to participate with me in a 90 Bible readthrough.

I have posted a tool on my blog and have already started, but we all know how the best laid plans can start with a bang and end with a whimper - :D - so here is the call!

Ultimately, I would love for this to be a quarterly recurring challenge and I plan to make the tool more and more "user friendly" to facilitate us 'Net oriented readers! :)

The spreadsheet is on GoogleDocs and I will be happy to share it with interested folks.

If you have any additional tools/suggestions/rants/raves, please post them here.

The idea :pray2: is for us to update this thread or comment on my blog regularly with our progress or struggles.

SDG!

I will be doing it a little bit different that your plan if thats ok brother. I'll read 10 chapters a day in th OT with 1 per day in Proverbs followed by 3 per day in the NT. This will be a great help to us all.

:up: The method is flexible, the goal is set! :) Blessings, brother!

90 in 09!!!!! Wooohoooo, January through march of 09 sounds awesome....I just need a little prep time to clear my plate. A reading schedule and maybe a thread that starts when we start. See you in a year!
Me and Pergi are in for next year!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Count me in!
The clock starts after midnight tonight RIGHT????

I see you are already a few days ahead. Also if you could email me the schedule to me that would be helpful. briankkarger at yahoo dot com.

I would really like to do this, but with my reading for grad classes, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up. However, if you could e-mail me the schedule, I'll at least give it a try. My e-mail is sastark at g mail dot com. Thanks!

(PS- this beats the heck out of 40 days of purpose! 90 Days of Scripture!)

Did day one last night. Doing day 2 right now. might start on day 3.

As a side note: I love Job.

I think I'll go ahead and follow this plan. I'm going to get my daughter to do it with me. Who knows what this might turn into here on the PB.

As a side note: I love Job.

:ditto:

I finished up the Job portion of day 2 just a little while ago. I was struck with the majesty and power of our Sovereign God. I especially loved Job 9:1-14 in regards to this.

And Job, how he longed to hear the voice of God, and yet how he struggled with his unbelief. That's where I find myself so often in the Christian life. Thanks be to God for that Daysman the Lord Jesus Christ who goes betwixt God and us and lays his hand upon us both. (Job 9:33). It is especially in those times when the unbelief seems to be swallowing us up that we must look away from ourselves and fix our eyes on our precious Daysman.

Allright, folks - getting close to B-Hour! :)

Invite your family and friends and let's start the year off with a biblical bang! :D

Everybody make sure and update as soon as possible after the New Year begins what day you are on - just starting or an early bird!

Blessings!

Done reading one. Matthew 1's genealogy always reads like a "Previously on Battlestar Galactica..." for me!

I am in! Sad to say, I have never read through the Bible before, so this will be a challenge.

Last edited:
ok - quick update:

I am on day 3 and have sent the readings for day 4 to myself via email, since I will be on the road returning to MS from Orlando today.

I finished day 3. I got my fiancee started on this too. We're going to try and do it 4 times this year, so we will have read Scripture front to back 4 times by the time we are married. ;)

Well...I finished Day 1. From the other comments it looks like that means I'm behind...even though this is Day 1. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back