New Year's Challenge - read through the Bible in 90 days!

New Year's Challenge! Read through the Bible in 90 Days

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear I may be the first to have to admit I have crashed and burned. I can only try to pick up the pieces, get through the month of March and then try again come April.:(

Me too! :( - but I plan to keep going - just doing a lot at church with our small group going through Piper's "What Jesus Demands of the World"...persevere, brethren! :)

Anyone make it. I will be finished tomorrow, a little late, but accomplished. I will start right back up on another 90 day round as well. I am aiming to go through the Bible 4 times this year.

Lord willling, I will finish up today with about 7 chapters. Looking forward to beginning again afresh and anew in the morning.

Again, I would encourage those that do not have as much available reading and study time as ministers to perhaps not take on such a big chunk at one time so you can meditate on what you're reading. :2cents:

I hope everyone understands what I was trying to say in my post above. I really believe trying to read through the whole Bible in 90 days is a lot of pressure for some who have secular jobs etc. It's not that I was trying to say only ministers are able to do it and meditate upon what they read. It's just they tend to have a little more available time for study, reading, meditation etc.

Acts 6:4, "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word."

I just wanted to make sure nobody took my above statement in the wrong context.

thanks for the clarification, brother - I tell you, I really started out with a firm commitment to succeed, but Providence declared otherwise. :)

This setback does not lessen my commitment to read all the way through - I just have to adjust my time line :)

Congratulations to those that made it - you are stalwart examples for us all! :up:

Second Go-Round

This is no April Fools...
Through the Bible in 90 days does not mean it ends there for me. It means I read through the Bible 4 times in one year. Having stumbled last quarter, TODAY I start again. Won't the rest of you?:book2:

Updated tool here - modified to be a 1 year read through as well :D - I have also added links column to either Biblegateway or directly to the ESV (mostly)

I am still pluggin' along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back