Newbie Alert!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VACannon, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VACannon

VACannon Puritan Board Freshman

I've been a Christian since elementary school, and I thank my Baptist father for his prayerful concern for my salvation. I spent several years in non-denominational charismatic churches until my mid-twenties, when I ended up getting prayed into the Reformed tradition by my sister. She's since moved on to becoming Catholic, but I have no intentions of following her there.

I've been in the PCA all of my Reformed years. I am currently in a very small church in a rural area. I've taken on some daunting jobs like directing VBS and a middle-school summer program, and I am eager to see my own children (now middle-schoolers) get a robust education in the Reformed faith and apologetics.

My husband and I parse the BCO and WCF in an effort to truly understand church polity and doctrine as it relates to the life of our church and our own personal life. Sometimes, too much! We've been on the forum off and on for years, reading and researching topics. Now that I am focused on finding great tools for our kids, I think I am going to need some help. So it seemed like a good time to join officially so I can pick your brains for some collective wisdom.

I am glad to be here!

• Like Like x 3
    • Rejoicing Rejoicing x 1
    • List
  2. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

3. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

So good to see you here! I still have a middle-grade child too :)

4. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Welcome aboard to the board!

5. Gabriel Barnes

Gabriel Barnes Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

6. lynnie

lynnie Puritan Board Senior

Delighted to have you!

7. Jeri Tanner

Jeri Tanner Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Vickie from a fellow Alabamian!

8. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator

:welcome:

9. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Sophomore

Where's the imoge for cheesy?? :D

Welcome Vickie :)

10. psycheives

psycheives Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome Vickie! SOOOO GREAT to have you here with us! :) This board has so many answers to questions and so many opportunities to reach out to others and give or receive support. We are here for you! :)

11. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings. I used to work with a woman from Butler. Interesting culture in that area.

12. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome!

13. scottmaciver

scottmaciver Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome, great to have you on the PB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.