Newest Title from The Northampton Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
"The Abuse of God's Grace" by Nicholas Claget (1610-1653) is a 360 page treatment of antinomianism and libertinism. Of this book John Macarthur says in his foreword,

"Antinomianism is a pervasive problem among evangelical and Reformed Christians today. I have written several books and read dozens more whose aim is to confront a variety of antinomian teachings—false doctrines that corrupt grace, turning it into a cloak for licentiousness (precisely the error Jude 4 describes). But Claget’s book is as meticulously thorough as any I have ever read. His arguments are painstakingly biblical; his writing is crystal clear (despite language and syntax that are nearly 400 years old); and his pleas to his readers are warm and passionate. This is the very best kind of Puritan writing. Claget’s The Abuse of God’s Grace has long been hailed as a classic, but nowadays it is also a particularly hard-to-find masterpiece. I’m very grateful that my friend Don Kistler located a copy and prepared this quality edition for modern readers. It’s a powerful work that urgently needed to be brought back in print. It definitively answers one of the most troubling and persistent trends in popular evangelicalism today.

Warning: this is a profoundly convicting book. It will chasten your heart and cause you to examine your life, reorder your priorities, and rethink how you view God’s grace. I trust it will also deepen your desire to walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you. You’re about to undertake a rich study of why true grace, as featured in the gospel, can never make anyone more comfortable with sin. On the contrary, as Scripture says, God’s grace teaches us “to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:12–13)."

This book is at the printers now and is due for an early August release. The retail price is $35. Your price is $25 plus $8 postage. It is ready to order now at www.northamptonpress.org.

Attachments

• The Abuse of Gods Grace Cover (300 dpi).jpg
    The Abuse of Gods Grace Cover (300 dpi).jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back