Next Batman movie villians!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwright82

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I have heard, and read, that the possible villians for the next Batman movie are as follows:
1. Johnny Depp as the Ridleler. I like him a lot and I think he will do good, if the rumors are true.
2. Philip Seymor Hoffman as the Penguin. Another great actor.
3. Angelena Jolie as the Catwoman. I must say I don't like her at all. I don't think she is a good person or a good actress.

This is just rumors though.

I don't like the idea of Jolie as the Catwoman because no doubt the "uniform" will be tight enough to be another layer of skin. I suppose it would be true of any Catwoman though.

Actually, these casting rumors are old (by several years). The one regarding Hoffman as the Penguin has been around since '06.

Earlier this month, Chris Nolan implied that the script is currently being written, and that the 3rd film will include some sort of "end" to his particular take on Batman, and fanboys worldwide are trying to decipher what he means by "end."

Yeah I read the same thing yesterday. Actually what I read said they had a script and he loved it. It did mention a kind of end too, but it implied that the end was so that no other movies could be made, like in the older franchises where they kept going and going. As far Jolie goes I just have never been impressed with her acting as well as her personal choices in behavior, sure I am single (divoriced) male in America and I know the reaction that is expected from the secular world but I am a christian first and formost so I can't approve of her.

I think Depp would be excellent! And while I'm not a fan of Jolie, I do think she'd make a convincing villain.

I think Depp would be excellent! And while I'm not a fan of Jolie, I do think she'd make a convincing villain.
You know you are right on both points. I saw a teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Returns", all there is talking by Batman than someone who is talking like the Ridler but sounds an awful lot like Depp. I don't know how authentic it is but it sure sounded like him.

I must say I don't like her at all. I don't think she is a good person or a good actress.

I think she certainly IS a good actress. She was very deserving of her Oscar in Girl, Interrupted.

As for what kind of person she is, I don't know for sure. But why would you think she's somehow worse than the other actors you mentioned? We would probably have gripes with most people in Hollywood.

Yeah I read the same thing yesterday. Actually what I read said they had a script and he loved it. It did mention a kind of end too, but it implied that the end was so that no other movies could be made, like in the older franchises where they kept going and going. As far Jolie goes I just have never been impressed with her acting as well as her personal choices in behavior, sure I am single (divoriced) male in America and I know the reaction that is expected from the secular world but I am a christian first and formost so I can't approve of her.

You know you are right on both points. I saw a teaser trailer for "The Dark Knight Returns", all there is talking by Batman than someone who is talking like the Ridler but sounds an awful lot like Depp. I don't know how authentic it is but it sure sounded like him.

Please post links to this article you read and trailer that you saw, because as I have already stated (and provided a link to back-up) the story is in the process of being written. Production hasn't even started on the film, so I am curious as to how you have seen a "trailer".

I must say I don't like her at all. I don't think she is a good person or a good actress.

I think she certainly IS a good actress. She was very deserving of her Oscar in Girl, Interrupted.

As for what kind of person she is, I don't know for sure. But why would you think she's somehow worse than the other actors you mentioned? We would probably have gripes with most people in Hollywood.
Well I am pretty sure that Depp smokes things other than ciggerates, if you catch my drift, but he does it in the privacy of his own home, which makes it none of my buissiness. She acts like something much less than a lady in public, right in front of people, which makes it practically everyone's buissiness. I mean commiting adultery and making out with your brother in public is why I don't approve of her morals. I also don't like Brittney Spears for that same reason, her public behavior. But what someone does in the privacy of their own home is there buissiness not mine. And an actor/actress who keeps there shady behavior to themselves and their own home is not making it anyone elses buissness, you could say that I respect (not condone) that a little more.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Here is the video Andres, I am still looking for the website article. Remember I have no idea how authentic it is so I am not saying that it is the official trailer, but it is nice to dream right.
YouTube - Batman 3 - The Riddler Movie Trailer #1 2011

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Here it is, finally found it.
Christopher Nolan Speaks! Updates on DARK KNIGHT Sequel and SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL - Collider.com

Well I am pretty sure that Depp smokes things other than ciggerates, if you catch my drift, but he does it in the privacy of his own home, which makes it none of my buissiness. She acts like something much less than a lady in public, right in front of people, which makes it practically everyone's buissiness. I mean commiting adultery and making out with your brother in public is why I don't approve of her morals. I also don't like Brittney Spears for that same reason, her public behavior. But what someone does in the privacy of their own home is there buissiness not mine. And an actor/actress who keeps there shady behavior to themselves and their own home is not making it anyone elses buissness, you could say that I respect (not condone) that a little more.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Here is the video Andres, I am still looking for the website article. Remember I have no idea how authentic it is so I am not saying that it is the official trailer, but it is nice to dream right.
YouTube - Batman 3 - The Riddler Movie Trailer #1 2011

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Here it is, finally found it.
Christopher Nolan Speaks! Updates on DARK KNIGHT Sequel and SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL - Collider.com

well I do have an idea how authentic that trailer was - ZERO. Search Youtube and you can literally find hundreds of videos that teenagers have made by splicing together some old footage and voice-overs and claiming that it's a "trailer". They're all fake! Look, I'm not saying that the Riddler or the Penguin or Catwoman 100% won't be in the next movie, all I am saying is that as of today nothing is confirmed. Did you not read the link I posted from a real movie site? The story isn't even finished! Nothing is determined, let alone casted. As for the article you linked, you may want to reread it. It never says the Nolan "loves the script" as you said. It actually confirms exactly what I tried to tell you, that the script is being worked on, but is not complete. Also your article mentions absolutely nothing about villains or who will play them, other than saying Nolan doesn't want a Mr. Freeze character.

They may not have a complete script yet but he did say that "we have a fantastic story". Plus I never made any guarentees on anything. So we will just have to wai tand see. In my opinion we wouldn't have this much hype without some substance to it. Nolan knows the stroy he wants to tell, the script is just working out the finer details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back