NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am a Canucks fan but the Ducks were impressive against the Sharks and I hope they beat Detroit.

:(

Here we go again... We Wings fans have to have something to get "up" for around here, while we drive down to the Joe past boarded-up car dealerships, restaurants, most of our retail... Okay, we're worms, we're the offslough of the country, :butbutbut:

:D

Margaret

If the Red Wings win it again, does that make them one of the best hockey franchises ever? Best sports franchises? (I mean OUTSIDE of Detroit :lol: )

My team (Edmonton Oilers) didn't finish dead last but I wish they had so that we would at least have gotten a decent draft pick! In my opinion it is worse to finish 9-12th in your conference then 13th-15th.

Anyway, after living here in Surrey (Vancouver) for two years I have never wanted a team to lose so badly! I use to love the Canucks when I lived in Edmonton but now I despise them beyond all belief (thanks Canuck's fans ;) ).

So, for me, these playoffs are all a matter of knowing the ABC's (Anyone But Canucks).

On a different note, I am going to LOVE the upcoming Capitals/Penguins series. Crosby vs. Ovechkin - EPIC.

Is it possible that the cup could return to Canada for the first time since '93?

Is it possible that the cup could return to Canada for the first time since '93?

I think deep down every Canadian who doesn't normally cheer for the team that wins the Cup dreads it. The reason is is that because a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup for such a long time whichever city does end up winning the cup won't let anyone forget it for a long long time :p "Yeah, well our team brought Canada out of the wilderness, neener neener na na"

It's all about knowing your ABC's (Anyone But Canucks)

208.gif

Quack, Quack!

I'm a Flyers fan (born & raised in PA), but, having lived in SoCal for over 20 years now, I have really taken a liking to the Ducks.

Ironically (at least for me), the Ducks are much more like the Flyers than the Flyers are now.

Go Ducks!

:(

Here we go again... We Wings fans have to have something to get "up" for around here, while we drive down to the Joe past boarded-up car dealerships, restaurants, most of our retail... Okay, we're worms, we're the offslough of the country, :butbutbut:

:D

Margaret

If the Red Wings win it again, does that make them one of the best hockey franchises ever? Best sports franchises? (I mean OUTSIDE of Detroit :lol: )

I'm not quite understanding, Pastor, what you mean by "OUTSIDE of Detroit." The Joe Louis Arena is on Civic Center Dr., sort of what we call "at the foot of Woodward," a couple of blocks from the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center (now that's something to laugh at... :lol: - and we do). It is just to the southeast of the main Detroit city and Wayne County offices: Olympia Entertainment.

The Joe's zip code is 48226. It don't get much more "Detroit" than that zip. "90210," it's not. :duh:

Another Wings win would make them one of the best sports franchises ever. However, I'm not counting on them to do it this year. Although -- I might throw an octopus onto this thread. Never know. I did it last year, when the Wings did win. (If anyone remembers... :D )

Margaret

I was being sarcastic. Obviously they are the best franchise IN Motor City. I know the Canadiens won a lot of championships but that was back when there were like 6 teams or something.

Well, the Habs were a tremendous hockey team in their day & the Wings couldn't touch 'em back then. I & any honest Wings fan would be the first to admit that. Our real Canadian rivalry is with the Leafs, anyway.

Silly me, Pastor! As a native Detroiter, I should recognize sarcasm right off the bat, especially from your corner! :handshake: But it was early this a.m., & I'd spent yesterday in the cardiac ER. Was tired. I know: excuses, excuses!

(The aforementioned octopus is making its way from the waters where it was "collared" and contained... Its ETA is TBD... :lol: )

Margaret

Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Lol go Canucks!

Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Lol go Canucks!

Ah yes, but let us not forget another verse:

John 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Vancouver?

Actually, I love Vancouver. It is way cooler than Montreal. (At least it was back in the '80s)

Lol go Canucks!

John 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Vancouver?

Them's fightin' words; I was born here.

-----Added 5/1/2009 at 01:17:57 EST-----

Preach it brother!

If you are serious, you are condemming yourself – after all TWU is a Metro Vancouver University.

It's been a while since I've followed a team closely -- I'm an old Flames fan. (Atlanta!) I guess I'd have to root for Boston for sentimental reasons.

Preach it brother!

If you are serious, you are condemming yourself – after all TWU is a Metro Vancouver University.

Ah, but like a famous someone else, I was not born in Metro Vancouver ;)

Sorry, the enemy of my enemy is my friend :D Go Blackhawks!

BTW, that was a pretty crazy game last night!

Strong words call for strong measures.
I see by Google that Kwanglim Korean Methodist Church is in Surrey BC and that you are the English Youth Pastor. Shall I let your church officials or your youth group know about your heterodox stand? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back