NIP - Nursing in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I think my post got blown way out of preportion... I was saying that things that were widely accepted then can become out of vogue. Not to say they are right or wrong... and just not as "cool" as they were then... thats all

ok I think my post got blown way out of proportion... I was saying that things that were widely accepted then can become out of vogue. Not to say they are right or wrong... and just not as "cool" as they were then... thats all

Yeah, you were, and I don't mind you saying that, but in the process of doing so, you attributed an opinion to the Lord that I do not think you can attribute to Him - and He is important! Besides, I wonder if anyone ever thought slavery was cool... Profitable, yes, necessary, maybe, supportable, surely, but cool?

Interesting example, LadyFlint. :think:

i didn't say that slavery was cool... I said it was popular... meaning the majority of people had or were one.

-----Added 12/12/2008 at 03:28:52 EST-----

and FTR when I said that Jesus was pro-slavery I mean that He was not a abolitionist that's all

I didn't say that slavery was cool... I said it was popular... meaning the majority of people had or were one.

Depends on the time frame; widespread possession of slaves did not last all that long - but I will not argue the point unless requested.

and FTR when I said that Jesus was pro-slavery I mean that He was not a abolitionist that's all

How do you know? He never had or was a slave, nor do I recall Him ever dealing with one, except for Cornelius's. He was, and is, and will forever be opposed to our spiritual slavery, and that was why He came to earth - normal slavery is irrelevant, compared to that.

i didn't say that slavery was cool... I said it was popular... meaning the majority of people had or were one.

-----Added 12/12/2008 at 03:28:52 EST-----

Christ would not be opposed to slavery where restitution was being made...He woul be opposed to chattle slavery.

I think you and Rocketeer are near each other, as he mentioned slavery as Moses spoke of.

I know because the Bible would have spoken out against slavery at some point... but it didn't.
He was, and is, and will forever be opposed to our spiritual slavery, and that was why He came to earth - normal slavery is irrelevant, compared to that.
nope sorry, He calls us to be slaves to Christ:think:

-----Added 12/12/2008 at 03:44:33 EST-----

look I think that we need to drop this discussion or at least move this to another thread... we have hyjacked LadyFlynts thread...

Christ would not be opposed to slavery where restitution was being made...He would be opposed to chattle slavery.

Yes, He would - His Spirit gave Moses his commandments on slavery

I think you and Rocketeer are near each other, as he mentioned slavery as Moses spoke of.

We are close - not diametrically opposed, at least.

I know because the Bible would have spoken out against slavery at some point... but it didn't.

You know no such thing. Can you predict what the Spirit dictates? "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8,9)

nope sorry, He calls us to be slaves to Christ:think:

I must firmly insist; for if salvation is merely the coming from Satans slavery into Gods, it would not be a salvation, but a transaction. There is a great difference between the service of God and that of Satan:
"And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Cor 6:18)
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." (Rom. 8:14,15)
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." (John 1:12)

A son is not a slave, is he? He is subjected to his father, as we are to our Heavenly Father, but he is not a slave - he does not lose his will, to the contrary, it is this very sonship that created this will, and it is so in the spiritual as well.

Edit:

You edited while I was typing. We might move to another thread. If you wish so, start it!

[Moderator] The slavery sub-discussion is done on here. If you want to keep it up, please go to another thread. [/Moderator]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back