No audio device

Status
Not open for further replies.

turmeric

Megerator
My computer geek installed a soundblaster card in my computer last night. It worked all day, then tonight, my computer froze, and when it came back it says it has no audio device. I need this for my work. Any ideas?

Oh, yeah, I restarted. It wouldn't do anything. About the third time everything came back up. I'm afraid to shut it off tonight. I'm one of these people who gets hysterical about computers and can't fix them myself. I need this by Monday for my work and a guy says he'll come over "this weekend" and fix it, but I need to know when. These guys end up hating me because I want it done NOW! I can just see myself having to lose hours b/c it isn't up by 9:30 on Monday.

You may have a corrupted driver for that card...try reinstalling the cards drivers....

this is a god time to go to the companies web site that made the card and see if they happen to have new drivers for it also.

No, it's XP. Now it has a new trick, it tries to convince me it needs everything reinstalled, stuff I don't have anymore, so I boot it again and it thinks I reinstalled everything - except the soundcard! I think there's loose hardware.

turmeric;

No, it's XP. Now it has a new trick, it tries to convince me it needs everything reinstalled, stuff I don't have anymore, so I boot it again and it thinks I reinstalled everything - except the soundcard! I think there's loose hardware.

Could you open the back and see if it has a loose card or would that cancel your warranty?

As far as it reading things you no longer have installed, you may need to get a registry cleaner to remove the old files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back