My computer geek installed a soundblaster card in my computer last night. It worked all day, then tonight, my computer froze, and when it came back it says it has no audio device. I need this for my work. Any ideas?
Oh, yeah, I restarted. It wouldn't do anything. About the third time everything came back up. I'm afraid to shut it off tonight. I'm one of these people who gets hysterical about computers and can't fix them myself. I need this by Monday for my work and a guy says he'll come over "this weekend" and fix it, but I need to know when. These guys end up hating me because I want it done NOW! I can just see myself having to lose hours b/c it isn't up by 9:30 on Monday.
No, it's XP. Now it has a new trick, it tries to convince me it needs everything reinstalled, stuff I don't have anymore, so I boot it again and it thinks I reinstalled everything - except the soundcard! I think there's loose hardware.
No, it's XP. Now it has a new trick, it tries to convince me it needs everything reinstalled, stuff I don't have anymore, so I boot it again and it thinks I reinstalled everything - except the soundcard! I think there's loose hardware.