1 clove garlic, chopped
2 C water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Worchestire Sauce
4 drops Tobasco Sauce
2 C clams, chopped with juice
1 Pint Half and Half

Saute bacon until crisp; add onions, potatoes, green peppers, celery, carrots, and garlic. Pour in water and season with salt, pepper, Worchestire Sauce*, and Tobasco.*

Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.

Mash mixture slightly with potato masher.

In separate pan, heat clams in their juice and add heated clams/juice to potato mixture. Pour in half and half cream. Stir well and heat until hot but do not boil.

Serves 4 and a hot cheese-bread accompanies, nicely.

*DO NOT SUBSTITUTE WITH "ROTEL", OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHATEVER THAT PARTICULAR PRODUCT MIGHT BE.

AND DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE!

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
Now, this is a soup I can eat without the dramatics that accompany bean soup.

Michael

Puritan Board Senior
Rhonda, I was with you until the "DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE" part. Nope, gotta bail on that one...if a soup's too good for Velveeta, that's where I draw the line!! :rolleyes:

TeachingTulip

Puritan Board Sophomore
Rhonda, I was with you until the "DO NOT, BY ALL MEANS, ADD ANY VELVEETA CHEESE" part. Nope, gotta bail on that one...if a soup's too good for Velveeta, that's where I draw the line!! :rolleyes:
Ha!

Well, if you insist, might I recommend you only grate just a little bit to add to the top of your soup bowl . . .for flavor accentuation only!

Otherwise, you risk adding gunk to your body and soul, as well as destroying the finer culinary taste of my most excellent winter soup recipe. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.