No connection to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
Ok, so after my previous thread was posted one of my computers will not be connected to the internet. Today we had some trouble with comcast and now things are working fine. However, my desktop computer (kindles, laptop and xbox have internet just fine) says it is connected to our modem but, it will not display webpages or anything. Getting Mozilla there is a perpetual 'connecting' up in the tab. Any suggestions? I am not to good with things like this and the web deals no decisive answers....

Lost the internet yesterday evening in the middle of a post. Computers were reaching the router, but the router had lost the connection. (But the FIOS TV kept working). I turned off the router for a few minutes, turned it back on, and after it had finished re-establishing all the connections, everything is working fine again.

Sounds like your problem might be more localized. but sometimes if you re-boot everything, it comes back up. Start by re-booting your computer, if you haven't. And then try IE if Mozilla isn't working. If that doesn't work, try re-booting your router. Also make sure your computer is trying to connect to your router (if you are wireless) rather than a neighbors.

Found the problem. Somehow Local Temperature LLC found its way on our computer. No one in the family downloaded it and I noticed that it was installed yesterday according to the Control Panel which is when we started having problems with Comcast (phone, TV and internet). It was malware that like cut off internet connection or something. Uninstalled it and now webpages are loading fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back