Noah's Ark found in Turkey? If so how will it impact the Genesis debates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they found the Ark that would not prove that God closed the door, that two of every animal sailed in it, that the God of Scriprture sent the Flood, that the correct story associated with it is the biblical one, etc, etc, etc

Only the Spirit of God can remove sinful prejudice against the biblical account and teach people to embrace Christ.

Answers in genesis are also running this story. They say they are 99.99% sure its the real thing.

The 99.9% claim was that of the one's claiming the find. Despite AiG's desire to see this be true, they have played this one very cautiously.

What also makes AiG so cautious about the latest report is that we have heard such claims several times before, even as they were made by people who described themselves as Bible-believing Christians. Some “discoveries” were eventually dismissed as structures of geologic origin and were not of wood.

Of course, AiG would be ecstatic if the Ark were found, for it would add one more exciting confirmation of the historicity of the book of Genesis. But Christians do not need to find the Ark in order to give them more confidence in the Bible.

The Sun is a pathetic rag and disgrace to Great Britain that has a bare-breasted woman on page 3 everyday. Why that was ever permitted in a daily "newspaper", I don't know.

So THAT explains the old Benny Hill skit where he was a teacher and was reading a student's paper and the answer:

Q: What is the hottest part of the Sun ?
Student answer: Page Three

I never did get that joke until now.

The Sun is a pathetic rag and disgrace to Great Britain that has a bare-breasted woman on page 3 everyday. Why that was ever permitted in a daily "newspaper", I don't know.

So THAT explains the old Benny Hill skit where he was a teacher and was reading a student's paper and the answer:

Americans watch Benny Hill??!?

Americans watch Benny Hill??!?

I read that and initially misread it as "Benny Hinn". I was confused for a minute as to why Benny was talking about a British newspaper. =)

Sorry Andres, perhaps I should have clarified my post better. The "they" I was referring to were the news channels that AIG referred to as having reported the ark hunters as 99% certain. Anyway I hope this clears things up. Steve. :D

Augusta
Noah's Ark found in Turkey? If so how will it impact the Genesis debates?

A better Q would be, Do evangelical Christians have to disgrace their Lord by making fools of themselves like this?

They're inside an object that looks like a small shed, knocking on planks of wood that look like they came out of a timber merchant's yesterday, saying that this is Noah's Ark, while allowing their girlfriends to trample all over this precious archaeological artifact!

How much does idiotic behaviour by evangelicals put people off Christ and the Gospel/damage Christ's cause and kingdom?

It's not a bummer. Even if the real Ark was found, it would not convert the World, and we should not use it to strengthen our faith, but we should use God's Word. It could be declared to be not Noah's Ark after all.

The "bummer" I meant was that these people who made the supposed discovery are supposed to be Christians. It sounds like they may have been the duped and not the dupees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back