Not an anti-Semite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
In debating with Dual-Covenat people, Hyper-Dispensationalists, and Jewish Roots focus people, they tend to dodge the real issues with the hurtful, anti-semite! Have any of you ever gotten this? How do you respond lovingly and according to scripture. My "fleshly" responce is that I just want to SCREAM...."I am NOT anti-anyone!......of course that gets you nowhere. What is the best and proper way to answer, if you feel that you should answer such a charge?:detective:

Last edited:
Hate to post so quickly on my own thread.....but they also throw around "Replacement Theology"....I am usually...who am I trying to "replace"? The Lord Jesus was born Jewish as the Greater Son of David....I am not trying to replace him! The Apostle Paul was Jewish of birth....I am not trying to replace him. Is this accusation also a red herring....I do not "get" this Replacement thing.

Hate to post so quickly on my own thread.....but they also throw around "Replacement Theology"....I am usually...who am I trying to "replace"? The Lord Jesus was born Jewish as the Greater Son of David....I am not trying to replace him! The Apostle Paul was Jewish of birth....I am not trying to replace him. Is this accusation also a red herring....I do not "get" this Replacement thing.

If it were me I would answer by "So what?" Then I would say,

The church doesn't replace Israel; Jesus does.

Every spiritual blessing was won by Christ. The new testament says these blessings are "in him," and if we are in Christ, then they belong to us. All the promises of the Old Testament now apply and are fulfilled in Christ. Therefore, if we are united to Christ, then they are ours! The kingdom that God promised his people in the Old Testament is not some fuzzy, spiritual reality now-called the church. No, the kingdom is given to Christ and we, the church, experience it through him! (Moore, 119). And what does the resurrected Jesus inherit? He inherits the promises made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Acts 13:32-33)

The NT applies to Jesus language previously applied to Israel (Ex. 4.22; Matthew 2.15). So Jesus replaces Israel, not the church.
So it's not the church that replaces Israel, but Jesus that replaces Israel--and the church by union in Christ share and inherit these blessings (heirs with God, fellow heirs with Jesus Christ).

While I usually despise answering questions with "copy/paste," since it's my own stuff I figured it's okay.
Rebuilding the Ruins: dodging the impasse between dispensationalism and covenant theology

Every spiritual blessing was won by Christ. The new testament says these blessings are "in him," and if we are in Christ, then they belong to us. All the promises of the Old Testament now apply and are fulfilled in Christ. Therefore, if we are united to Christ, then they are ours! The kingdom that God promised his people in the Old Testament is not some fuzzy, spiritual reality now-called the church. No, the kingdom is given to Christ and we, the church, experience it through him! (Moore, 119). And what does the resurrected Jesus inherit? He inherits the promises made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Acts 13:32-33)

The NT applies to Jesus language previously applied to Israel (Ex. 4.22; Matthew 2.15). So Jesus replaces Israel, not the church.
So it's not the church that replaces Israel, but Jesus that replaces Israel--and the church by union in Christ share and inherit these blessings (heirs with God, fellow heirs with Jesus Christ).

While I usually despise answering questions with "copy/paste," since it's my own stuff I figured it's okay.
Rebuilding the Ruins: dodging the impasse between dispensationalism and covenant theology
I have tried that but with little success....if I say Jesus fufils or "replaces" Israel....it is treated as if the statement were tantomont to the Church usurping some unrightful position.

I have tried that but with little success....if I say Jesus fufils or "replaces" Israel....it is treated as if the statement were tantomont to the Church usurping some unrightful position.

Then you say "So what?" Seriously, the above is different from standard covenant theology. Some CT theologians have used language that lends itself to the anti-semite charge. But the above is not it.

It's an emotional argument on their part. I would say what kind of fallacy they are committing, but I fear that would be overboard for one day.

Then you say "So what?" Seriously, the above is different from standard covenant theology. Some CT theologians have used language that lends itself to the anti-semite charge. But the above is not it.

It's an emotional argument on their part. I would say what kind of fallacy they are committing, but I fear that would be overboard for one day.
I think the great wisdom in your statement is that it is an emotional argument. That being the case......perhaps it might be best not to discourse with those who will not be rational.:2cents:

yes
I think it was the warning I got most often when I mentioned I had started going to a PCA church.

People said:
Watch out for an underlying disdain for the state of Israel.
Watch out for that replacement theology.
Watch out about having all your joy and emotions held in check.
Those people are all preterists aren't they?
Those people are all libs aren't they?

I cannot believe how many people think they are experts in what other groups believe.

I am still having problems with being considered anti semitic because I beg my mom who lives on a meager retirement check to please stop sending money to preachers who are trying to save Israel and rebuild a temple.

I am about at the point of just saying I believe Jesus is the Messiah so I am automatically kicked out of the groups that don't proclaim that and then moving on to the next topic.

In debating with Dual-Covenat people, Hyper-Dispensationalists, and Jewish Roots focus people, they tend to dodge the real issues with he hurtful, anti-semite! Have any of you ever gotten this? How do you respond lovingly and according to scripture. My "fleshly" responce is that I just want to SCREAM...."I am NOT anti-anyone!......of course that gets you nowhere. What is the best and proper way to answer, if you feel that you should answer such a charge?:detective:

The last round about that I got into with a Dispensational Baptist preacher that leveled that charge at me I retorted with "why do you hate Christ and downplay His Blood atonement"?. That's exactly what they do when they teach two different peoples of God with two different inheritances. If I'm anti-semite you're an anti-Christ. If they are dual covenant, which this fellow was, they are involved in serious false teaching.

In debating with Dual-Covenat people, Hyper-Dispensationalists, and Jewish Roots focus people, they tend to dodge the real issues with he hurtful, anti-semite! Have any of you ever gotten this? How do you respond lovingly and according to scripture. My "fleshly" responce is that I just want to SCREAM...."I am NOT anti-anyone!......of course that gets you nowhere. What is the best and proper way to answer, if you feel that you should answer such a charge?:detective:

The last round about that I got into with a Dispensational Baptist preacher that leveled that charge at me I retorted with "why do you hate Christ and downplay His Blood atonement"?. That's exactly what they do when they teach two different peoples of God with two different inheritances. If I'm anti-semite you're an anti-Christ. If they are dual covenant, which this fellow was, they are involved in serious false teaching.
Good point! they throw their charge around ike so much loose change....yet.....yes, they hold the Anti "ground" anti-Christ.

This was actually the first question I had for a Reformed Pastor when my husband was studying Reformed Theology and took me to a (gasp!) PCA.

1) are they just accusing you of it as a means to shut you up or are they the type really willing to listen?

2) the Pastor that I spoke with was patient and explained that instead of "replacing", the church is a "continuation"...then went on to explain how Covenant Theology is one Covenant, a running thread from the beginning to the end. That made sense to me.

He made no attacks upon my previously held views or Israel and it's issues throughout history. He stayed focused on God's people throughout history to today.

This was actually the first question I had for a Reformed Pastor when my husband was studying Reformed Theology and took me to a (gasp!) PCA.

1) are they just accusing you of it as a means to shut you up or are they the type really willing to listen?

2) the Pastor that I spoke with was patient and explained that instead of "replacing", the church is a "continuation"...then went on to explain how Covenant Theology is one Covenant, a running thread from the beginning to the end. That made sense to me.

He made no attacks upon my previously held views or Israel and it's issues throughout history. He stayed focused on God's people throughout history to today.
Thank you. I like a word you used..continuation! The church is very inclusive! There are "physical Jews" grafted into the Church the same as Gentiles. Starting from this point an anti-Semite charge does not hold water.

Last edited:
Nothing has caused Western society to feel the need to kiss the collective behind of Jews like the Holocaust. Jews have milked those truly horrific years for every ounce of propaganda value they can... and then some! So great is the fear of offending the Jew that now Jewish folks will label a person "anti-semitic" for simply questioning a given practice or policy of the state of Israel. Any challenge to a "Jewish" doctrine, tradition, or practice is grounds (in their mind) to call someone anti-semitic. If I'm to be labeled "anti-" (fill in the blank with any given people group) for simply challenging a doctrine or tradition, or practice... then I suppose that I'm anti-everybody.

Nothing has caused Western society to feel the need to kiss the collective behind of Jews like the Holocaust. Jews have milked those truly horrific years for every ounce of propaganda value they can... and then some! So great is the fear of offending the Jew that now Jewish folks will label a person "anti-semitic" for simply questioning a given practice or policy of the state of Israel. Any challenge to a "Jewish" doctrine, tradition, or practice is grounds (in their mind) to call someone anti-semitic. If I'm to be labeled "anti-" (fill in the blank with any given people group) for simply challenging a doctrine or tradition, or practice... then I suppose that I'm anti-everybody.
Good point! I once challenged much Reformed doctrine or at least qustioned it....so for a while I guess someone could have called me anti-Reformedite!:p

Thank you. I like a word you used..continuation! The church is very inclusive! There are "physical Jews" grafted into the Church the same as Gentiles. Starting from this point an anti-Semite charge does not hold water.
Precisely...and I like the way you stated that; it was also pretty much what the Pastor had said.

"Milk" the holocaust for every ounce..."?

That is careless language.

I prefer to call it ENGRAFTMENT theology rather than REPLACEMENT theology. We are now all one people in Christ. It is not as if the Tree Israel was chopped down and a Gentile one planted in its place; we have all been engrafted into the one tree ISRAEL; believing Jew and believing Gentile alike.

When you consider the number of children slain in their mother's womb, western socieities' "repentance" over the holocaust is pretty shallow. Don't get me wrong, it was a horrible event, but the same thing is happening all over Europe today.

The answer is greater repentance for all these evils, not blaming the victims by seeing, "You all are wringing all you can get out of this repentence business....and I am tired of it..."

Of course, about the Jewish atrocities in WWII, most Americans have family members who were soldiers in WWII and helped stop this atrocity, so no guilt on our part.

The answer is greater repentance for all these evils, not blaming the victims by seeing, "You all are wringing all you can get out of this repentence business....and I am tired of it..."

Of course, about the Jewish atrocities in WWII, most Americans have family members who were soldiers in WWII and helped stop this atrocity, so no guilt on our part.
Actually I should add someting here....the anti-Semite charge has in fact come from Gentiles in the whole dual covenant thing....I think only one gentleman who had but a drop of Jewish blood ever said this to me! I have a very good Jewish friend who refered to the radical Christian-Zionist as "Odd ducks!"

Replacement Theology is a misnomer. The Church does not replace Israel. The Church Is Israel, and always has been, even in the Old Covenant.

I've been called and anti-semite by any number of Dispensationalists. I like to point out that modern evangelicals are pushing to help Jews return to Israel and reclaim the temple mount. Why? So that 1/3 of the can be killed during the Great Tribulation. ;)

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

By the Bye...I started laughing after my last post........a little irony......think about a so called "anti-Semite"....with a buddy with the last name....Levine.....sort of pops their bbble there!:)

Replacement Theology is a misnomer. The Church does not replace Israel. The Church Is Israel, and always has been, even in the Old Covenant.

I've been called and anti-semite by any number of Dispensationalists. I like to point out that modern evangelicals are pushing to help Jews return to Israel and reclaim the temple mount. Why? So that 1/3 of the can be killed during the Great Tribulation. ;)

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Precisely. Why answer in a theologically "correct" way? Tit for tat. You have a more biblical approach to the people of God as one body...the Dispensational's are playing a game of mouse trap..."Here Jews! Follow the cheese! There you go, that crazy Antichrist guy wants to feed it to you....TRUST ME!"

With that in mind, you want to see the Jews trust in Christ and be saved...for them, the Jews are a means to an end...a "final solution", if you will.

I prefer to call it ENGRAFTMENT theology rather than REPLACEMENT theology. We are now all one people in Christ. It is not as if the Tree Israel was chopped down and a Gentile one planted in its place; we have all been engrafted into the one tree ISRAEL; believing Jew and believing Gentile alike.

Actually, my choice of words was quite calculated.

Your discussion of engraftment or replacement, blah blah blah... that is fine and dandy if you're trying to talk to explain yourself. But the reality - the harsh world in which I live and breathe and dwell - is that folks aren't really interested in nuanced explanation. The REALITY is exactly as I described it: if you "dare" to say something other than that Israel is 100% spot on, or if you dare to say that any particular Jewish belief or practice is (gasp!) wrong... you're labeled an "anti-semite." That's the fact, Jack.

Incidentally, it's kind of like the use of the term "homophobe"... a term they throw out hoping to get you to go into a really fast backpeddle to "prove" that you're not.

So when accused of being anti-semitic by folks who have created a totally ridiculous definition of what it means to BE anti-semitic... you can either say, "Well, actually..." or you can challenge THEIR definition. The choice is yours.

Last edited:

Your discussion of engraftment or replacement, blah blah blah... that is fine and dandy if you're trying to talk to explain yourself. But the reality - the harsh world in which I live and breathe and dwell - is that folks aren't really interested in nuanced explanation. The REALITY is exactly as I described it: if you "dare" to say something other than that Israel is 100% spot on, or if you dare to say that any particular Jewish belief or practice is (gasp!) wrong... you're labeled an "anti-semite." That's the fact, Jack.

Incidentally, it's kind of like the use of the term "homophope"... a term they throw out hoping to get you to go into a really fast backpeddle to "prove" that you're not.

So when accused of being anti-semitic by folks who have created a totally ridiculous definition of what it means to BE anti-semitic... you can either say, "Well, actually..." or you can challenge THEIR definition. The choice is yours.
BANG! and spot on!

Incidentally, it's kind of like the use of the term "homophope"... a term they throw out hoping to get you to go into a really fast backpeddle to "prove" that you're not.

:ditto:

In debating with Dual-Covenat people, Hyper-Dispensationalists, and Jewish Roots focus people, they tend to dodge the real issues with the hurtful, anti-semite! Have any of you ever gotten this? How do you respond lovingly and according to scripture. My "fleshly" responce is that I just want to SCREAM...."I am NOT anti-anyone!......of course that gets you nowhere. What is the best and proper way to answer, if you feel that you should answer such a charge?:detective:

I've been accused of being an Anti-Semite often just because someone discerns that I'm a Calvinist. Hyper-Dispensationalists in particular usually accuse me of being an Anti-Semite and then just discontinue the conversation and walk away.

Incidentally, it's kind of like the use of the term "homophobe"... a term they throw out hoping to get you to go into a really fast backpeddle to "prove" that you're not.

I find it supremely ironic that some of the most racist people I have met tend to be "oppressed minorities" if you will and Jews are just as bigoted as any other unsaved group. The fun thing about Dispensationalists for all their talk about loving Jews, they really love the idea of someone else being cannon fodder for their distorted notion of Jesus. And THAT IMNSHO is TRUE anti-semitism: you are only valuable as Tribulation tinder. :2cents: This is from a 100% "race traitor" if you will. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back