Notable last words

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote:8eb100008e][i:8eb100008e]Originally posted by sundoulos[/i:8eb100008e]
Robert E. Lee: "Strike the tent!" [/quote:8eb100008e]

Often quoted on CarTalk... "Hey watch this!'

"Eighty and six years have I served him, and he never once wronged me; how then shall I blaspheme my King, Who hath saved me?" Polycarp, at the stake.

"Thank God for the active obedience of Christ. No hope without it." J. Greshem Machen

STC wrote:
[quote:c57bf132f2]
"A four and a three and a two..."
[/quote:c57bf132f2]

Hahahahahaha! Oooh, you ARE white, aren't you?! And possibly squarer than me! (Which takes some doing!) Did you know that one of the dancers on the Lawrence Welk Show was a Mouseketeer as a child? Bobby (can't remember his last name...)

Mary :D

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Lawrence Welk Dancers on Parade...

trying to get back to work

but get pulled back in.

Why my granny loved Lawrence I don't know but I was forced to watch him. Therapy is working but I have flashbacks occasionally

STC wrote:
[quote:a23d5628a8]
Why my granny loved Lawrence I don't know but I was forced to watch him. Therapy is working but I have flashbacks occasionally
[/quote:a23d5628a8]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Embrace your inner honky! That had to be the most "cream cheese" show EVER!

This wasn't actually a famous last words speech, but I always loved Curtis Armstrong's "pep talk" to John Cusack in "Better Off Dead" (they are on top of the "K-12", a really really scary ski slope, and Cusack is trying to work up the nerve to ski it)

"You've been staring over that edge for hours. People have died down there. And dying when you're not really sick is really sick!"

:bs2:

In response to Nelly Connelly's (wife of Texas governor
John Connelly) comment-- 'Mr. President, you certainly cannot say that Texas does not love you.'

JFK "That's obvious."

Mary - your quote reminds me of a quote that reads "Coward dies a thousand times a brave man but once."

STc wrote:
[quote:59a45a36b4]
"Coward dies a thousand times a brave man but once."
[/quote:59a45a36b4]

On Night Court once, Judge Harry Stone said that. Then he said, "Of course, once is usually all it takes."

I have always thought the exchange between Nelly Connelly and JFK was incredibly ironic. Also eerie was MLK's speech the night before he was killed. "I may not get there with you, but I have seen the mountaintop..."

How about Bobby Kennedy's "And now it's on to Chicago and let's win there..."?

Josh,

You're such a Dirty Harry fan...I'm sure you've seen The Deal Pool - Jim Carrey as a rock star who gets murdered. Have you noticed that Guns'n'Roses is at his funeral?!

Mary

"It really doesn't matter"

Apparently Mary, his wife, was worried about his safety going to the theater in public and didn't want them to go out. The above was his reply.

I appreciate history more and more. Would Abe have been good at the reconstruction of America? Any members of the board do research on the reconstruction?

[Edited on 5/13/2004 by staythecourse]

STC wrote:
[quote:615e5562b2]
Apparently Mary, his wife, was worried about his safety going to the theater in public and didn't want them to go out. The above was his reply.
[/quote:615e5562b2]

Have you seen Bedazzled? Interesting movie. Not scripturally sound (of course) - I think Harold Ramis is a (jewish) buddhist - but makes some good points. Don't watch it if you can't guard your eyes though. Liz Hurley (as the d*vil) wears some pretty racy outfits...

One of Brendan Fraser's wishes is to be president of the US. So he ends up being Abraham Lincoln, at Ford Theater that night. He is trying to get out of being there and says he's already seen it. The woman responds that it's a brand new play, and he says, "Well, I think I know how it ends, anyway." I cracked up.

I haven't done any research on the reconstruction, and am woefully uneducated about US history (Detroit Public Schools - first class education all the way!) But I DO know that the first woman ever executed in the US was part of the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln. You've come a long way, baby! It's about time we had the same rights as men! LOL

Mary :lol::lol::lol:

"Precious, precious, precious! My Precious! O my Precious!"

Guess who?:bs2:

"Dave, stop. Stop will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a-fraid. . . . Good afternoon, I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the HAL Plant in Urbana, Illinois, on the 12th of January 1992. my instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I could sing it for you. . . . It's called 'Daisy.' Dai-sy, Dai-sy, give me your answer true. I'm half cra-zy o-ver the love of you. It won't be a sty-lish mar-riage. I can't afford a car-riage---"

HAL-9000

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

Nathan Hale

"Pardonnez-moi, monsieur."
Antoinette, Marie, Queen of France (1755-1793)

As she approached the guillotine, she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner.

===

No, I'm not that smart as to remember all these. I found them here:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6537/

Enjoy!

Herman Bavinck on his death bed - "my learning can't help me now... only my faith can save me."

NASA - "houston we have a problem... "

"Oh God, have pity on my soul. Oh God, have pity on my soul." - Anne Boleyn

"Lord, open the King of Englands eyes." - William Tyndale at the stake, October 6, 1536

"Is this dying? Is this all? Is this what I feared when I prayed against a hard death? Oh, I can bear this! I can bear this!" - Cotton Mather

"What, do they run already? Then I die happy." General James Wolfe on the Plains of Abraham, September 13, 1759

"'Tis well." - George Washington

"This is the fourth?" - Thomas Jefferson, July 4, 1826

"Thomas Jefferson still survives." - John Adams, July 4, 1826

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by Plimoth Thom]

"Be of good cheer, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole."

Hopeful to Christian as they crossed the river of death, The Pilgrim's Progress.

DTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back