Notes from a Sermon by Joel Beeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
Sunday afternoon, my family, a friend of ours, and I drove up to Los Angeles to hear Dr. Joel Beeke preach at the afternoon service at the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Los Angeles. We tried to get there in time for the Psalm sing that preceded the service, but L.A. traffic got in the way. We made it just in time for the worship service. It was a blessing to be able to worship with my Covenanting Presbyterian brethren. I've posted my notes from Dr. Beeke's sermon ("Running the Good Race" on Hebrews 11:37-12:3) at The Ruling Elder. Perhaps they will be of use to you, as they have been to me!

The Ruling Elder: Notes from Sunday Afternoon's Sermon (Joel Beeke)

PS- I finally got to meet, in person, the PB's own Nathan Eshelman. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with him!

WONDERFUL! I saw Dr. Beeke preach a conference at Faith Bible Church in Springfield, Illinois a few years back. It is really one of the first things that got me on fire for reformed theology. WHere my interest was peaked before, it is now quite obsessive.

Beeke spoke at the church I do Bible Study at a little over a year ago. I didn't get to attend it, but from what I understand it was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back