Notice Anything Different? vBulletin 3.7.0 installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, please let me know if anything is broken. There were some new images added to the default style and I haven't found them all.

What is the difference between the contact, friend and buddy lists? Also, what is an Album?

I don't know how to use the friend and contact lists yet. With the albums you can upload pictures to your profile and share them with people.
That makes sense (the album). It looks like a buddy is not a friend since both show up in my contacts and friends but my buddies have a box to check to say they are friends. It could be buddy is a more select list that you see in the list box on the list but friends is a lengthier group for other and more extensive purposes? Could I PM "all my friends"? I didn't see how so maybe that is not an option.
What is a social group. Are they user created so the creator controls the membership? Or what?

You know, some contextualized help links would be a good improvement; I'm surprised we don't have that.:confused:

What is the difference between the contact, friend and buddy lists? Also, what is an Album?

I don't know how to use the friend and contact lists yet. With the albums you can upload pictures to your profile and share them with people.
That makes sense (the album). It looks like a buddy is not a friend since both show up in my contacts and friends but my buddies have a box to check to say they are friends. It could be buddy is a more select list that you see in the list box on the list but friends is a lengthier group for other and more extensive purposes? Could I PM "all my friends"? I didn't see how so maybe that is not an option.
What is a social group. Are they user created so the creator controls the membership? Or what?

I don't know what features the friends have but I clicked the Friends thing next to all the people I had in my Buddy list and it's waiting for them to accept it now so I guess that's reciprocal.

Re: Social Groups - Yes, they are user created and controlled. Admins and Mods can still step in and Mod upon request but it's sort of like a BB within the PuritanBoard for Groups of interest.

FYI: When I click on "Buddy List" on the side module, the screen just goes white.
I get that too; but I never clicked on it before so don't know what that did before.
Also, Rich, on the user groups, are they viewable just by the user and those invited to join or viewable by the whole board (and the modsI guess)?

Ooops. I just got a white screen with the following; I had just created a test user group, and I think I had just clicked on Today's posts or private messages (sorry, I was so surprised I don't recall) and got:

Warning: require([path]/modules/onlineusers.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 296

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/puritanb/public_html/modules/onlineusers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/puritanb/public_html/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 296

FYI: When I click on "Buddy List" on the side module, the screen just goes white.

Ooops. I just got a white screen with the following; I had just created a test user group, and I think I had just clicked on Today's posts or private messages (sorry, I was so surprised I don't recall) and got:

Warning: require([path]/modules/onlineusers.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 296

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/puritanb/public_html/modules/onlineusers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/puritanb/public_html/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 296

Deleted that module and uploaded the updated module. Thanks for catching the bug Josh. I suspect there will be more.

Wow. There is are so many new features. Gonna take a while to get used to them. Good deal, Rich.

If you're on dialup it takes waaaaaay too long to add tags, not gonna do it, I have to go to work eventually today! :lol: I added them, then looked at the little arrow for a looooooong time, then just opened a new window.

Hey, Rich, I was happily editing my profile when I started getting "This page cannot be found". Is that a dial up thing, or is it a bug?

Thanks Semper! It's like going from Star Trek, the original series to Star Trek, The next generation! Lots of stuff. I was wondering what was going on. Engage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back