Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabee

Obi Wan Kenobi
Last night we watched Obsession. It was violent. It was full of hate. But it's not a Hollywood movie. It's a documentary on Islam from a secular/western perspective. It reveals our naivete (as Americans) and ignorance. We continue pursuing our Pollyanna existence and fail to see what's happening around us.

One interesting twist was how the appeal to help equip the moderate Muslims to fight against the radicals. This wasn't related to violent fighting necessarily, but joining in the battle together. "A peaceful religion is being hijacked by a dangerous foe, who seeks to destroy the shared values we stand for. The world should be very concerned." I was struck by the fact that Islam has often stated that it will take over the world peacefully, if possible, but violently if peaceful endeavors fail. When all is said and done, the goal is to take over the world. And yet this show attempts to ally us with Muslims fighting Muslims. I think this will be missed by most who view it.

I highly recommend seeing it. It's sobering and helps us to better understand the hatred against all things not Muslim, and specifically Israel, America, the UK and western culture, that is instilled in children from the cradle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back