Office Hours: The Fruit of the Spirit is... by Dr. John Fesko

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Clark

Puritan Board Senior
Office Hours talks with Dr. John Fesko, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology and Academic Dean at Westminster Seminary California, about his latest book The Fruit of the Spirit is...

To listen to this latest episode, visit:
Westminster Seminary California - Resources - The Fruit of the Spirit is... by Dr. John Fesko:: Westminster Seminary California

Subscribe to Office Hours in iTunes. Search "Office Hours."

Listen to all the episodes at:
http://wscal.edu/resource-center/office-hours

Contact Office Hours:
* Call Office Hours at 760 480 8477. Leave a message and we may use it in future broadcast.
* Email us at [email protected]
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

If you're encouraged by Office Hours please leave a rating on iTunes so others can find it. Also please encourage your pastors, elders, friends, and family to listen to Office Hours.

Thanks for listening!

Jac Stofberg (Candidate, M.Div)
Attending Escondido OPC
Assistant to the Director: New Media Initiative
Westminster Seminary California

Dr Clark, how would you formulate faith's relation to sanctification?

We've got a simple statement on justification derived from Scripture, that is that a person is justified by faith in Christ alone.

What could we say about sanctification?

A person is sanctified by faith in Christ.........................................................?

Dr. Clark,

Just listened to this podcast today. Great session. I actually hadn't heard this before quite so clearly. I've been wandering around trying to find a good way to express just this message to my kidlets at home. A trial run with my oldest at her counseling session appeared to make good sense to her and the counselor. Thank you for the session and Dr. Fesko for the interview. He's a great preacher too! It was awesome to hear him a couple months ago at our church.

Definitely a positive review in iTunes.

Quote from Dr Clark
I think I agree with what John said. Was he unclear?

Clear enough. I may well get the book.

We are sanctified by faith in Christ as to our source of spiritual energy or sap but the regenerate soul is active in making use of the means, making progress in sanctification and producing good fruit.

All the glory goes to God, without Whom none of this would be true.

Is that a fair summary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back