Oh, Didn't He Ramble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Where do they find these guys?

[video=youtube;SDxcyqeRc-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDxcyqeRc-4[/video]

Well, naturally, it didn't work. So, we'll do it the hard way: go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and type "pisseth against the wall" in the search box. You'll come to one video of a pastor, from Tempe, Arizona, who certainly knows how to rambleize his way through the Bible. Sheesh.

{Admin note: Video above}

I just went to You Tube and typed the relevant phrase ("pisseth against the wall") into the search box, and the video came right up.

stars.gif

Well, I never......

From the camera angle, it looks like it could be fake, making fun of preachers or something. It's just a little too silly, and I heard some chuckling at one point.

I wonder if he's ever heard of "seminaries." And here I thought the preaching subspecies "Ignorant Fundamentalist" was dead...

From the camera angle, it looks like it could be fake, making fun of preachers or something. It's just a little too silly, and I heard some chuckling at one point.

Sadly, it is not fake.
Faithful Word Baptist Church, Tempe, AZ is pastored by Steve L. Anderson. He calls his church an "Independant, fundamental, soul-winning, King James Bible-Only Baptist Church."

If you go to YouTube and watch some of the other vids linked with this one you will see that it is only too real (and scary).

Sadly, it is not fake.
Faithful Word Baptist Church, Tempe, AZ is pastored by Steve L. Anderson. He calls his church an "Independant, fundamental, soul-winning, King James Bible-Only Baptist Church."

If you go to YouTube and watch some of the other vids linked with this one you will see that it is only too real (and scary).

I see. :wow: He did nevertheless have some good things to say in his Super Tuesday sermon.

It's too bad I wasn't aware of this ministry while we were living in Tempe.

This type of preaching is common in fundamental, Baptist churches. I heard sermons like this all the time when I was growing. (I'm just thankful it wasn't my pastor.)

Sadly, it is not fake.

I see. :wow: He did nevertheless have some good things to say in his Super Tuesday sermon.

Yeah, b/c it sounded like something you'd expect to hear at a RP campaign rally! As did some of what Obama's old pastor said about 9/11 as well, For what it's worth

Sadly, it is not fake.

Yeah, b/c it sounded like something you'd expect to hear at a RP campaign rally! As did some of what Obama's old pastor said about 9/11 as well, For what it's worth

:lol: Exactly! He must be a Ron Paul supporter.

You know, to be fair to the man, you have to grant him that he wants to uphold the authority of God's word as being ultimate in everything.

That said, not only does he have organizational troubles, but I thought I detected the presence of some hobby horses and a reduction of courage in ministry to saying things that would be unpopular to the world at large (though not necessarily unpopular in the context of a small congregation). And that sort of preaching will not, I think, ultimately be successful in upholding the authority of God's word. If you come to Scripture trying to discern, "What's wrong with America" I have no doubt you will find much that is true and biting; but it is a severe truncation of the purpose of Scripture if that's all you ever find.

Warning: The video in the original post is DIFFERENT from the one in post #11. Some of you have been commenting on the "pisseth against the wall" and others about the who to vote for video.

My, he certainly solved our debates over translations didn't he? The "NIV translators are all men who pee sitting down. The NKJV translators probably all pee sitting down . . . but the Bible says a man is someone who 'pisseth against the wall.'" Now all of you supporters of the KJV can form common cause with this pastor in a "men's movement." I won't suggest what the "secret sign" should be but it will almost certainly not be done sitting down! :lol:

Forget the debates over CT and TR. I just think I found a pragmatic reason to opt for the ESV. :lol:

Excuse me folks. I feel a need to go . . . ah, well, I mean . . . oh, nevermind.

I wonder if he's ever heard of "seminaries." And here I thought the preaching subspecies "Ignorant Fundamentalist" was dead...

According to his church website, he has no training but knows half of the new testament by heart (KJV of course). One of the sermons he has preached recently is titled 'Why Bible Colleges are wrong'. So I guess he wouldn't be in favour of seminary.

Sadly, it is not fake.

That was a great sermon.:lol:

Warning: The video in the original post is DIFFERENT from the one in post #11. Some of you have been commenting on the "pisseth against the wall" and others about the who to vote for video.

My, he certainly solved our debates over translations didn't he? The "NIV translators are all men who pee sitting down. The NKJV translators probably all pee sitting down . . . but the Bible says a man is someone who 'pisseth against the wall.'" Now all of you supporters of the KJV can form common cause with this pastor in a "men's movement." I won't suggest what the "secret sign" should be but it will almost certainly not be done sitting down! :lol:

Forget the debates over CT and TR. I just think I found a pragmatic reason to opt for the ESV. :lol:

Excuse me folks. I feel a need to go . . . ah, well, I mean . . . oh, nevermind.

laughing024.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back