Oh the temptation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfschultz

Puritan Board Junior
After two days of postponements the first race of America's Cup 2010 was run Friday. The US trimaran best the Swiss catamaran by a historic 10 plus minutes. The second race of the best out of three series will be on the Lord's Day!

Since I have posted replies a number of times reflecting my opinion on watching sports on the Lord's Day, I am praying for lousy sailing weather in Valencia for Sunday that results in another postponement.

Yes, it is unfortunate that sports attention would be focused on the Lord's Day. It would be good to give the athletes and participants a day's rest as well.

Since they poll television viewership, if Christians would abstain watching Lord's Day, it might affect their scheduling decision.

But God can, and might just overrule.

America's Cup sounds fun, sailing in Valencia. I pray with you, God may so direct His natural forces so that we may indeed focus on the sailing, the competition, and the Cup!

With just minutes left until the latest start time, the race started on the Lord's Day. I watched the on-line replay of the race Monday. The US yacht won the second race, so the America's Cup is headed back to the USA.

After two days of postponements the first race of America's Cup 2010 was run Friday. The US trimaran best the Swiss catamaran by a historic 10 plus minutes. The second race of the best out of three series will be on the Lord's Day!

Since I have posted replies a number of times reflecting my opinion on watching sports on the Lord's Day, I am praying for lousy sailing weather in Valencia for Sunday that results in another postponement.

Or get a VCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back