Ok Let er rip. What is your Hobby or Hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
1. Theology is both my Hobby and my Zeal. Nothing gets better than learner more and more about God. I became enraptured after reading Augustine's City of God.

2. Sports, Basketball and Baseball.

3. Music, collecting and listening to classical music.

4. Into natural sceneries. A beach, mountain, hillside strikes me dead everytime.

5. I am into Airlines. I just like watching jets. My favorite is the 737 very spacious, and cute eventhough it is small.

Originally posted by Slippery
1. Theology is both my Hobby and my Zeal. Nothing gets better than learner more and more about God. I became enraptured after reading Augustine's City of God.

2. Sports, Basketball and Baseball.

3. Music, collecting and listening to classical music.

4. Into natural sceneries. A beach, mountain, hillside strikes me dead everytime.

5. I am into Airlines. I just like watching jets. My favorite is the 737 very spacious, and cute eventhough it is small.

hob·by (n.), pl. -bies.
An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

1. Motorcycles

2. See #1

Our hobby has turned into a ministry since becoming involved with Christian Motorcyclists Association.

1) Video Games: But i have been playing less and less. I bet I play no more than 4 hours a week!

2) Posting on the PB

3) Reading

4) Bible studies with friends

Church history
Poetry
Music
Reading
Writing (letters to the editor, essays, a perennial novel-in-progress)
Movies
Stamp collecting
Coin collecting
Postcard collecting
Button collecting
Map collecting
Shot glass collecting
Sports (basketball, football, track/cross country, baseball)
Fishing
Camping (outdoors, not Harold)
Board games
Card games
Video games
PB

[Edited on 10-2-2005 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Andrew, you must live in a 4 story warehouse to facilitate your collecting dysfunction. :p

My hobby is reading of course. :book2:

My second hobby is researching and tracking down the best beers in the world. :detective: It's sort of a disappointing hobby because as soon as I find that rare brew.... I drink it.... and then it's gone. :um:

My dream is to go to the St. Sixtus Abbey in Belgium for one bottle of their beer.

Originally posted by maxdetail
Andrew, you must live in a 4 story warehouse to facilitate your collecting dysfunction. :p

I didn't even mention the fact that I have saved every piece of personal correspondence I have received (excluding emails) since the second grade or so.

It may be a disorder but our house is not so disordered as you might think. ;)

My hobby is reading of course. :book2:

:up:

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes. -- Erasmus

I didn't mention it specifically but, of course, I collect books.

My second hobby is researching and tracking down the best beers in the world. :detective: It's sort of a disappointing hobby because as soon as I find that rare brew.... I drink it.... and then it's gone. :um:

My dream is to go to the St. Sixtus Abbey in Belgium for one bottle of their beer.

A man after my own heart! Save the bottles, perhaps? :detective:

Is it possible to have hobbies with a 5 yr old, a 3 yr old and another on the way?

My hobby is sleeping.

I always feel like such a pauper when it comes to hobbies;to list them, I mean: there is far too little time to learn and do and wonder at all of the things there are to be learned and done and wondered at. But the list practically begins and ends at reading. I did declare war on the domestic arts once, and tried very hard to subdue crosstitching, knitting, and even purchased some patterns for sewing but could not nerve myself to face THE MACHINE. I turned out a great number of very long scarves, which my husband and then foster child used to tie in knots and beat each other (all in fun of course); but the phase didn't last long (I mean, not the beating each other with scarves: children we babysit enjoy that to this day-- getting any ideas, Rick? but the domestic arts). When I knitted, I was as mentally apt as a cow (or so my husband told me), and when I crosstitched, I was as tractable as a rabid bull. I sometimes think that I enjoy cleaning, but sometimes I think I'm wrong about that. So I read, listen to classical music, watch frightening nature videos about sharks and spiders, drag my husband to parks and rivers, and hope to someday write something worth other people's reading.

[Edited on 10-2-2005 by a mere housewife]

1. Books

2. Genealogy

3. Historical and Modern Needlework and Sewing

4. Historical Fashion and Design

5. Civil War and WWII

6. My computer...clip collecting...digital scrapbooking...etc

I'm only intimidating on paper...come see the reality at my house!!!! Laundry in hall...dishes in the sink....what's for supper? whatever I can fix the fastest and last minute! :lol: And that stack of papers on top of the file cabinet, yeah it's organized, just hasn't made it way into the cabinet for 4 months! Where's the phone bill? In the organized stack of papers...;)

Fine cigars
Flash games
Movies
Music (listening)
Philosophy
Ping-pong
Poetry
Politics
Pool
Reading (mostly non-fiction)
Reformed theology
Roller-coasters
Shot glasses
Singing (every now and then)
Tennis
Tetherball
Traditional card games
Volleyball
Wolleyball
Writing

Reading
Weight lifting
Hockey
Tennis
Board games (mostly strategy like pente, settlers of catan, chess, etc)
Programming (not really much of a hobby anymore since I do this 8-5)
Tenting

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Andrew, about how many shot glasses do you have? I'm still just a rookie, I have about 12 or so.

Well, close to 90, I think, but I don't really keep track numerically. I just aim to get souvenirs from places I visit. Do you have a display case? It took me a long time to find what I was looking for in that department.

One of my prize shot glasses disappeared during a move and I haven't seen it since. It was a souvenir from the John Knox House in Edinburgh. :(

That's a shame to lose that one! I don't have a display case yet, and yeah, I basically just try to get one from every new place I visit, too. Some places I get two from, like for instance I have a London one and an England one, and I have a Rhodes College one and a Memphis one. It's a neat thing to collect - even though I can't use any yet!

1. Theology/apologetics
2. My wife and daughter
3. Reading
4. Hiking
5. Used to be, being a true BLUE Kentuckian, B-ball. But I'm afraid age has taken my step away.
6. Music, Jazz and blues mostly.
7. Travel when we can afford it.

lh

Interesting hobby you have there, Fred.

You know, some people could take that wrong. It certainly didn't occur to me until now, but I was referring to the comment about moving the thread. It just seemed funny to me at the time.

Gardening
Reading
Electronics
Computers
O????

Almost made an acrostic.

[Edited on 2-11-2005 by gwine]

1. Lingua Latina
2. Browsing the PB
3. Music (Learning Guitar)
4. Occassional Computer Game (Rome Total War)
5. Stocking Shelves (My Job)
6. Reading
7. Baseball
8. Writing (Boring stuff)
9. Ping-Pong
10. Paintballing
11. Biking
12. Studying (Id est, anything but school)

I like to try anything, but here are the main ones.

Currently in this order:

-Theology
-Reading: particularly theology books or Sci-fi
-Books, I just love cool old books I wish I had my own library like you see in movies with the persians rugs, leather chairs, with a fireplace and walls and walls of books with one of those sliding ladder thingys. *sigh*
-Sci-fi movies or Pride & Predjudice type movies.
-Don't laugh but for years I was into Sasquatch/Bigfoot, what can I say, I live in Washington state. If you want to know anything about our elusive legend ask me.
-Crafts/cross-stitch/sewing/jewelry making/crotchet/quilting etc.
-video games PC and Xbox.
-woodworking smallish stuff like shelves, tool box, toddler beds.
-Skiing, I loved skiing and haven't been able to go for about 15 years :(
-Cooking/Baking
-Love plants and gardening, roses and hydrangeas particlularly and drying flowers and arranging them.
-Dancing, hubby and I took Salsa lessons once and a one day class on swing it was really fun.
-Karoake but not in public. We have the add on for our Xbox and we have fun with it when people are over.

[Edited on 11-2-2005 by Augusta]

3) Watching paint dry.
1) Watching cement harden.
4) Play-dough.
7) Employing circular reasoning.
2) Muttering to myself.
6) Collecting dust.
5) Ants...magnifying glass (need I say more?)

My hobbes have dwindled with the onset of children and now seminary. but here's a rough list:
Theology
Woodworking
Hiking
Camping
Guitar
Road Trips
And of course the Puritan Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back