Okay, THAT was *some* football game.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphonette

The just-completed Chicago-Denver game, that is to see.

Wow. What a game! I'll bet no-one left early so as to beat the crowds this time. ;)

You know what really struck me? I suppose those kickers kick so many thousands of times that they know intuitively as soon as the ball leaves their foot whether or not the kick was good. In any case, the Bears' kicker lifted his arm in a "#1!" motion immediately after kicking the ball, turned away so he couldn't even see the goal post, and accepted the congrats of his fellows. In other words,, before the ball even cleared the goal post he knew it was good.

Amazing.

On to Thursday night, when the Cowboys are going to make the Packers look no-how. Count on it. :cheers2:

Moved to Sports.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God.

Yeah, hopefully Dallas will take care of business and improve to 11-1, crazy thing is that if Dallas wins Thursday and New York loses next weekend Dallas wins their division with four games still to play!

Would the sabbatarians kindly refrain from posting in threads they have no interest in nor provocation to assert their assertions, I've seen a number of them hijacked over the past several weeks and find it quite disrespectful to board members who are not convinced of their positions, if you don't desire to watch football then don't, some of us are of clear conscience that Christ is our rest.

There was a delightful thread called "How bout them Cowboys" that has now been removed because some people took the time to accuse people of idolatry for watching football instead politely abstaining from posting or even reading the thread to begin with, I find that highly inappropriate and rude and wish to ask the parties responsible to exercise a more civil conduct of themselves in the future.

BTW, I was attending Southwestern Seminary when the then St. Louis Cardinals came to Dallas and beat the Cowboys 35-0 on Monday night football.

That was a sweet Tuesday on campus.

BTW, I was attending Southwestern Seminary when the then St. Louis Cardinals came to Dallas and beat the Cowboys 35-0 on Monday night football.

I was at the 1996 NFC Championship game at Texas Stadium where Dallas pulverized the Packers into submission for the third year in a row.

Packer fans were crying as rabid Cowboy fans chanted Super Bowl and Brett Favre ended the game under a sea of sacks, four in a row.

It was good year as Dallas capped off their third championship in four years two weeks later.

I was at the 1996 NFC Championship game at Texas Stadium where Dallas pulverized the Packers into submission for the third year in a row.

Packer fans were crying as rabid Cowboy fans chanted Super Bowl and Brett Favre ended the game under a sea of sacks, four in a row.

It was good year as Dallas capped off their third championship in four years two weeks later.

Ah...the good old days. That was then, this is now.

[solemnly] Mum's the word.
ignore.gif

Let's go at this again: In the Pub, we discuss the enjoyment of adult beverages and smoke and we DON'T debate. It the sports forum, sport fans discuss the enjoyment of recreational pastime and we DON'T debate.

{Moderator rant on} If you wish to debate Christian Liberty then you have the liberty to begin a new thread in the appropriate forum or fora. In fact I recommend it. {Rant off}

Ah...the good old days. That was then, this is now.
To quote Bon Jovi "Its all the same, only the names have changed....I'm a Cowboy, on a steel horse I ride...":sing:

I just finished watching that game on NFL Replay. That WAS an amazing game. Devin Hester must be the fastest man alive. Wow!

Yeah I do! It was quite by accident. I switched packages so my wife and I could watch Monk but my daughter lost Animal Planet. I had to go to the next package over the weekend so we could all see our shows. We don't watch much TV at all but we like a couple of shows. Anyway, NFL Network was in the new package. A serendipitous outcome. Fly up and drink it with me, I MEAN, watch it with me friend. :cheers2:

Yeah I do! It was quite by accident. I switched packages so my wife and I could watch Monk but my daughter lost Animal Planet. I had to go to the next package over the weekend so we could all see our shows. We don't watch much TV at all but we like a couple of shows. Anyway, NFL Network was in the new package. A serendipitous outcome. Fly up and drink it with me, I MEAN, watch it with me friend. :cheers2:
If I weren't such the 24 year old pauper I would likely have the channel myself, flight prices are out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back