Old and New Testament Surveys for 7th and 8th Graders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Does anyone have any suggestions for Old and New Testament surveys for 7th and 8th graders? I have been looking around, but almost every single curriculum has 2CVs.

I cannot help you Taylor but I am responding with the hope someone will see it at the top of the page and help you. Have you considered looking Great Commissiom Publications? The PCA and OPC use them for Sunday school materials and psalter-hymnal supplies. Perhaps you will find something there.

I recommend taking a look at "The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study", 5 Vols by Starr Meade

The Bible is often neglected or weakly emphasized in the education of our children. However, author Starr Meade contends that God's Word is the most important thing a Christian will ever study. This introductory overview of the message of the Bible encourages middle and high school students to explore God's Word for themselves. Available in multiple volumes or as a set, The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study leads young teens through the story of the Bible chronologically, teaching them about important themes and topics, such as the role of God as the main character of his own story and the relationship between Scripture's divine inspiration and human authorship.
Students can either use the text as a supplementary companion to their own reading of Scripture, or they can simply use the study guide to move through the Bible from beginning to end.
You can check out the table of contents and a couple pages of the workbooks over at christianbook.com here.

I recommend taking a look at "The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study", 5 Vols by Starr Meade

The Bible is often neglected or weakly emphasized in the education of our children. However, author Starr Meade contends that God's Word is the most important thing a Christian will ever study. This introductory overview of the message of the Bible encourages middle and high school students to explore God's Word for themselves. Available in multiple volumes or as a set, The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Study leads young teens through the story of the Bible chronologically, teaching them about important themes and topics, such as the role of God as the main character of his own story and the relationship between Scripture's divine inspiration and human authorship.
Students can either use the text as a supplementary companion to their own reading of Scripture, or they can simply use the study guide to move through the Bible from beginning to end.
You can check out the table of contents and a couple pages of the workbooks over at christianbook.com here.

This truly looks remarkable!

How fast are you planning to cover these surveys?

If you have in mind to take several years, or to study daily, you also might want to look at One Story Ministries. They take a full-Bible survey approach in their materials for elementary kids and for high schoolers, while their middle school materials are topical worldview studies. But there are enough different options that you might still find something in the survey vein to fit your seventh and eighth graders. As with Starr Meade, the One Story Ministries author, John Kwasny, is a Presbyterian with a traditional bent. I'm guessing either of them would be a pretty good fit with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back